219 ROXTON RD
Ward 11: University-Rosedale

Official Plan and Zoning by-law amendment application for a 6-storey mixed-use building having a non-residential gross floor area of 372.29 square metres, and a residential gross floor area 995.03 square metres. 17 rental residential dwelling units are proposed.

Docs posted. Design by Hyphen Studio:

roxt.JPG
roxt2.JPG
roxt3.JPG
roxt4.JPG
roxt5.JPG

The new rendering is updated in the database. The total storey count changed from 6 storeys to 12 storeys. Height changed from 21.80m to 43.20m. The total unit count increased from 17 units to 33 units.

Rendering taken from the architectural plan via Rezoning.

PLN - Architectural Plans - MAR 6  2023-1.jpg

1698033768046.png

NIMBY fundraiser seems to run out of steam, last donation coming in a month ago. Couldn't be happier, these fools would knock down every house except their own if it was up to them. At the rate the province is approving increased density I would be far from shocked if this gets built at 15 stories.

Sidenote: The quote "Low-rise housing is appropriate in a century old neighbourhood." has me laughing, as if a century old neighbourhood is as worthy of 'preservation' as the Egyptian Pyramids.

Man this proposal is seriously ugly. Just for proposing it I would legislate a ban on the proponent and the architecture firm being allowed to do business in Ontario.

It reads like KirKor but turned up to 11 'loud'.

On that note......this one has been appealed to OLT in June and an Appeals report is headed to the next meeting of TEYCC where the City will seek to oppose this.

Staff are prepared to support this one being rezoned 'Mixed Use'.........but take issue w/the form/height/massing:

1699104777711.png

1699104805098.png

1699104830681.png

No loading space at all and the applicant wants curbside City garbage pickup for a 12s building!

1699104892862.png

Last edited:

Back