yoshirocks702

Member Bio
Reaction score
2200 ISLINGTON AVE
Ward 02 - Etob. York District

►View All Properties

Draft Plan of Subdivision to accomodate a proposed 'U' shape public road. Proposed road would provide access to the proposed four commercial blocks throughout the site.
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Subdivision Approval 17 207652 WET 02 SB Jul 28, 2017 Under Review
Rezoning 13 277902 WET 02 OZ Dec 13, 2013 Under Review

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2014/ey/bgrd/backgroundfile-66471.pdf

51 acre site (1/6th lower don lands site), former sears warehouse. close to 401 and etobicoke north go station, lots of potential, hopefully it materializes.

Some images from the arc plans and rice group.
Screen-Shot-2016-10-20-at-10.43.32-AM.png

viewSupportingDoc (70)-page-001 (2).jpg

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2016-10-20-at-10.43.32-AM.png
    Screen-Shot-2016-10-20-at-10.43.32-AM.png
    898.4 KB · Views: 4,441
  • viewSupportingDoc (70)-page-001 (2).jpg
    viewSupportingDoc (70)-page-001 (2).jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 4,305
This is an area that I believe I have never noticed.

It is near Etobicoke North GO Station. Potential for residential intensification near the site?

It is near Etobicoke North GO Station. Potential for residential intensification near the site?
Potential? Yes, but the area desperately needs employment. More condos or townhomes will do very little to help revitalize the area, and would be of no benefit here.

Potential? Yes, but the area desperately needs employment. More condos or townhomes will do very little to help revitalize the area, and would be of no benefit here.
The whole area is such a deficient neighborhood, that I honestly wouldn't know where to begin with revitalizing it.

Some commercial box stores might be the only viable first step, true enough.

It'll be saved, as a fragment between a gas bar and an East Side Marios made of EIFS. Look at those drawings: Lowest common denominator.

It'll be saved, as a fragment between a gas bar and an East Side Marios made of EIFS. Look at those drawings: Lowest common denominator.
Not saying I'm a fan, just a bit relieved that the maintenance building will stand as a reminder even without protection

All the retail faces away from Rexdale Boulevard and to the parking lots. At least there will be lots of blank walls for Shoppers Drug Mart's stock collection of happy stock "lifestyle" photos in that "Retail E" on the northwest corner.

1994 called, and they want their site plan back.

Back