A photo đź“· I took today of the condos:
20210121_133502.jpg

Damn, from that angle, I'll be so bold to say that it's not that far size wise from LA's downtown skyline...

@kris where did you take that pic from? I'm curious about the midrise with the metal dome in the foreground.

@kris can correct me if I'm wrong...........

But I believe the domed building is this condo, just north of Lawrence, just west of Don Mills Road:

1615131264406.png

Assuming I'm correct, that would mean the photo was taken from somewhere to the north-east thereof, on the east side of the East Don Valley, north of Lawrence

@kris can correct me if I'm wrong...........

But I believe the domed building is this condo, just north of Lawrence, just west of Don Mills Road:

View attachment 303990

Assuming I'm correct, that would mean the photo was taken from somewhere to the north-east thereof, on the east side of the East Don Valley, north of Lawrence
That would have been my first guess...but Yonge & Eglinton centre buildings seems way too close in the background for that. Anecdotally, I've walked by there a number of times, and I never seen the midtown core from there (Lawrence E. & Don Mills area). Perhaps it's another similar domed structure we're looking at from the pic in question that's closer by?

That would have been my first guess...but Yonge & Eglinton centre buildings seems way too close in the background for that. Anecdotally, I've walked by there a number of times, and I never seen the midtown core from there (Lawrence E. & Don Mills area). Perhaps it's another similar domed structure we're looking at from the pic in question that's closer by?

I think you'll find that if you d/l the photo, and then magnify it, and look at the left hand side, you'll see a Royal Bank logo that sits atop an office tower at the Shops on Don Mills

I think you'll find that if you d/l the photo, and then magnify it, and look at the left hand side, you'll see a Royal Bank logo that sits atop an office tower at the Shops on Don Mills
Yeah...that seems all wrong to me. As the Y&E core looks like it's only two blocks or so away from that pic...as opposed to a whole valley and several blocks away as it actually is.

Either way, I have to get back down there at some point and test this. I just need a tree to climb up around there to get that angle. I hope I don't fall off... >.<

This building turned out beautiful! A simple but effective looking structure that can be admired from afar. As seen in the photos up above.

If you stand at the intersection of Eglinton and Avenue Road, its higher elevation affords a terrific view of the growing Yonge and Eglinton cluster. Most NA cities would kill for such a cluster as their main downtown, but it's just one of many in our booming metropolis, and one which will grow given announced proposals.. Over on Skyscraper Page's forum section, in the Toronto highrise compilation thread, there was a tongue-in-cheek post from someone in Houston saying "I vote we ban Toronto from this out of jealousy and envy", which I found rather amusing.

Most NA cities would kill for such a cluster as their main downtown, but it's just one of many in our booming metropolis, and one which will grow given announced proposals..
And it appears to be a one of a many being developed like this too. So there's that. <3

Damn, from that angle, I'll be so bold to say that it's not that far size wise from LA's downtown skyline...

@kris where did you take that pic from? I'm curious about the midrise with the metal dome in the foreground.
LA has 14 buildings taller than the tallest in this cluster. The tallest one in LA is taller than any building in Canada. LA's skyline is bigger than one imagines.

Back