This building's construction and seeing its presence on the skyline while walking around to me really underlines the absurdity of the fact that Crossways were the only tall buildings in the area until now. This is on top of multiple transit lines at a major interchange and we haven't built anything substantial since Crossways until this?? Even though there's massive amounts of underused parking lot, big box store land in the area, etc. between this location, and the massive parking lots by the Loblaws to the south. Really shows how in denial of being a city Toronto has been and the negligence we've had with building and densifying housing near transit.

Last edited:
8B52D6BB-1ECA-4D85-97B3-BD9B82D595E2.jpeg

This building's construction and seeing its presence on the skyline while walking around to me really underlines the absurdity of the fact that Crossways were the only tall buildings in the area until now. This is on top of multiple transit lines at a major interchange and we haven't built anything substantial since Crossways until this?? Even though there's massive amounts of underused parking lot, big box store land in the area, etc. between this location, and the massive parking lots by the Loblaws to the south. Really shows how in denial of being a city Toronto has been and the negligence we've had with building and densifying housing near transit.
So the Choice development has a community meeting coming up this Wednesday night (nearly 2,000 residential units) and another developer is starting the process for rezoning at the Freshco/SDM site just north of this one.

Occupancy soon as they are already leasing. This and the new office buildings on Sterling Road will make this area noticeably busier. I wonder what proposal will be the next to start? There are a few along the south side of Bloor that may go next but the rest are still in approval stage. Photos taken 18 February.
7BC37FA8-EF18-485A-95FD-1416BBE57A56.jpeg
B2884AA4-99AE-45B6-9024-E579A40B00BC.jpeg
5A5C74B3-D5FB-435F-A8F7-F8EB4B5D32AF.jpeg

Confirmed that move in is on 1 April for the lower part of the building on the Dundas frontage. The tower will open later this year.

Great pix! Btw the tunnels in the Bloor station are beginning to be heavily used as a way to get around the hood. Can’t wait for the passage on the south side of the building to open as it will be well used. Also the entrance to the underpass at the corner of this building is a popular Uber pickup point for people coming off of UPX.

@Paclo was here about six hours before me, on July 7th 2023:

DSC01954.jpg

DSC01955.jpg

The finishing touches here are really dragging on. I see in Paclo's photo there's still a construction hoist, and here you see in mine the streetscape is not yet done, and the passage to the south not yet open.

Last edited:

Back