The massing study and renderings show that the writing's on the wall for the loss of the Manulife Centre's south-facing view. We need a new Yonge & Bloor publicly accessible observation level or top floor restaurant.

Renders looking really good me. The height and density fit perfectly into this area and it's something different.

I only wish they could be about a hundred meters taller though.

I know that's been mentioned, I can only report that gh3's name is the one on all the drawings.

But they certainly look more Cormier than gh3.
Not sure where you are seeing that? The landscape sit is clearly Claude Cormier + Associes.

1623469919473.png

A couple great images in this set. Ground floor plan:

1623469959874.png

Amenity level plan:

1623470021027.png

Courtyard section (look at that soil volume!!)

1623470080888.png

Also noticed there are detailed plans for the proposed daycare by Scott Shields Architects.

Ground floor:

1623470245778.png

Second floor:

1623470271087.png

Cover letter:

1623470317374.png

Not sure where you are seeing that? The landscape sit is clearly Claude Cormier + Associes.

View attachment 327354

A couple great images in this set. Ground floor plan:

View attachment 327355

Amenity level plan:

View attachment 327356

Courtyard section (look at that soil volume!!)

View attachment 327357

Also noticed there are detailed plans for the proposed daycare by Scott Shields Architects.

Ground floor:

View attachment 327358

Second floor:

View attachment 327359

Cover letter:

View attachment 327360

I see my mistake..............gh3 are listed as architecture - consultant.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Didn't register w/me that they would be on the job in a non-L.A. capacity.

1623495472083.png

I will show a correction in my previous post, accordingly.

I'm truly obsessed with this. It feels like a mature, well thought-out, retro proposal that has a clear sense of identity, and looks simultaneously serious and whimsical. I'm excited at the calibre of proposals that Toronto has started getting. It feels like our City has grown up.

They will be replacing the existing rentals with the same number only or will some of the newly constructed 900 units also be rentals rather than just condos for sale?

They will be replacing the existing rentals with the same number only or will some of the newly constructed 900 units also be rentals rather than just condos for sale?
They are required to replace the existing number of rental units (same bedroom numbers and iirc similar size in terms of sq ft).

Back