alexb

Member Bio
Reaction score
This has been in PLANit for a few months and the public meeting docs were just posted:
1648613054920.png
1648613081333.png

Existing Site (Streetview)

2600 Steeles Ave West

1648631947956.png

2700 Steeles Ave. West

1648632001518.png

Aerial View:

1648632110664.png

Notes: Site is north side of Steeles, almost precisely mid-way between Jane to the West and Keele to the east. It is directly opposite York University and Pioneer Village Station on Line 1.

Additional/Larger Renders:

1648632982412.png

1648633065260.png

Additional Info:

1648633164246.png

1648633352851.png

Last edited:
This is almost comically tall, seeing as there wont be anything built up to this height around the immediate area at no point in the future. York University wont be building anything that tall, UPS isnt vacating their massive hub, Black Creek Pioneer Village isnt moving, and all that industry around Keele and Finch isnt going anywhere.

Safe to say this proposal isnt a good idea, there's virtually no supporting infrastructure anywhere in sight. But then again it's Vaughan, so this will probably be rubber stamped in very short order.

Maybe, but I'm starting to see these random mini-Dubai cluster proposals in the suburbs as a little goofy. There's no reason to go this crazy at every subway station.
Yeah they'll do that near a subway stop to see how many skyscrapers they can get on their parcel of land for the buck. Just like the skyscraper proposal at Centerpoint Mall at Yonge and Steeles for one eg. lol!

Yeah they'll do that near a subway stop to see how many skyscrapers they can get on their parcel of land for the buck. Just like the skyscraper proposal at Centerpoint Mall at Yonge and Steeles for one eg. lol!

It makes sense at Yonge and Steeles though because...it's the Yonge corridor!

I was wondering why this project is not tagged on the urbantoronto Vaughan's development map. And not even on the Vaughan's skyscraperspage illustration page. Because these are 8 huge skyscrapers proposed lol!

I am in agreement that this proposal makes no sense as a stand-alone mega residential cluster. There are no supporting amenities, such as schools or libraries that would be needed to support the population here, as it's in an industrial area cut off from the rest of Vaughan.

The only way this would work is if it's entirely marketed to investor buyers hoping to rent out to York students... which is probably the goal here anyway, come to think of it.

I was wondering why this project is not tagged on the urbantoronto Vaughan's development map. And not even on the Vaughan's skyscraperspage illustration page. Because these are 8 huge skyscrapers proposed lol!
It's not on the map as we do not have a database file for it yet. We are in the process of hiring another person to create database files, there are many to do!

Eight 53-storey buildings... yeah that looks nice and varied.

What does Vaughan's Steeles West Secondary Plan call for? I have a feeling that they'll be forced much closer to the limits set out by that plan, since I don't believe you can fill all of these towers with just York U and Seneca students...

Eight 53-storey buildings... yeah that looks nice and varied.

What does Vaughan's Steeles West Secondary Plan call for I don't believe you can fill all of these towers with just York U and Seneca students...
Being close two main areas York University and the new Vaughan city centre area. It should attract some residents. But they might be forced to lower the height down a little !

This is an offensively beefy proposal... it's just so over the top. Looks like some dubious form of psychological punishment.

Back