Gairloch got their hands on this site?? I was praying they would since they already have quite the presence in the Junction with several fantastic proposals.

Short of a recreation of the historic facade, I think this proposal is stunning and probably the best that we could have hoped for here. Build it!

Gairloch got their hands on this site?? I was praying they would since they already have quite the presence in the Junction with several fantastic proposals.

Short of a recreation of the historic facade, I think this proposal is stunning and probably the best that we could have hoped for here. Build it!
It's not Bill, no. Not someone you might expect either, given their track record. But hey, I'm all for redemption if folks want to put in the effort!

It's not Bill, no. Not someone you might expect either, given their track record. But hey, I'm all for redemption if folks want to put in the effort!
I mean it's public info on the application form - Sierra Building Group here.

Creators of the famous Beer Store Blank Wall on the Danforth..

platform-jpg.402359

What's proposed has better brickwork and better contextualism than most new buildings, but it's quite disappointing that they're not rebuilding the original facade.

The hotel had a more interesting history than this residential building likely ever will. It would have been best to keep that history alive in the facade and to build a modern building behind it.

Eh. I don’t see a need to rebuild the original facade. What’s proposed looks handsome - and we need more of this across the city. It’s too bad we can’t have an accelerated development process here.

Back