Years from now they will likely build extensions into Dundas and downtown Stoney Creek. And hopefully the James line to the airport. These things take a long time in North America.

Years from now they will likely build extensions into Dundas and downtown Stoney Creek. And hopefully the James line to the airport. These things take a long time in North America.
While the LRT isn't planned to be extended to Dundas, I really think it should.

I digress though.

I know @innsertnamehere was saying this likely isn't a viable development, but now I'm curious because this developer seems to have built out new renders and this is one of only two developments they apparently have planned. Curious how serious this developer is about getting something started here if ever.

as I said originally, someone may try to make a go of it. I've never heard of "Lionheart", which tells me it's an upstart firm looking to get going. These types of developers often take riskier projects on, be it due to lack of experience or appetite for risk.

Like the previous owners of the site though, they too may not end up gettting anywhere with it.

I'd be more interested if the lrt wasn't just a fast lane for mcmaster students to shave a few minutes off to go to.. eastgate?

Like seriously, we have buses, and I feel this lrt isn't going to benefit the majority of people who actually live in this city and want to go to meaningful places. Meanwhile like 90 building plots remain demolished and vacant, booted out to find other locations on our busiest street running east to west. Least they coulda done is carved up cannon or barton and actually done a good job of cleaning up one of our worst streets in the process instead of cripping arguably our best street.

And I get why they did king, but its gonna be a nightmare, esp in that tight spot where the "official downtown" entrance is with the rowhouses on both sides.
Responded in the appropriate thread: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/toronto-hamilton-line-b-lrt-m-s-metrolinx.6462/page-180

as I said originally, someone may try to make a go of it. I've never heard of "Lionheart", which tells me it's an upstart firm looking to get going. These types of developers often take riskier projects on, be it due to lack of experience or appetite for risk.

Like the previous owners of the site though, they too may not end up gettting anywhere with it.

Their website looks like something a bitcoin bro would set up, promising people to make "$5000 in return on a $100 investment"

Back