Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
414C3B90-052C-49D3-973C-287B89C960CB.jpeg

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

The courses of bricks at the base of the podium still standout for the mismatched colours and very overt seams.

It's not a good look.

Reminds me of badly laid wallpaper; except you rarely get that much colour variation between rolls w/the same print!

DavidCapizzano

Member Bio
Reaction score
The courses of bricks at the base of the podium still standout for the mismatched colours and very overt seams.

It's not a good look.

Reminds me of badly laid wallpaper; except you rarely get that much colour variation between rolls w/the same print!

I don't have proof, but I think they're using stucco brick and not real brick slips cast in concrete here.

JohnnyRaylander

Member Bio
Reaction score
Who is responsible for it looking this bad? Is it an issue with the design? Is this value engineering by the developers after the design is finished and accepted? I'm clearly naive on the topic but can't really wrap my head around on how people saw these mismatched bricks with big gaps between them and thought "well, good enough."

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
This one will need a clean up and some public art for the blank walls once it's done.

A conventional mural, even with 2 coats of primer will be hard-pressed to hide the flaws here.