The supposed views from an outdoor lounge terrace:

215.jpg

Some commentary on the Danish bricks being used on the cladding from this Star article:

It’s all about the brick.

Handmade in Denmark, hand-picked there by the developer himself, the “very expensive” brickwork at upwards of $7 apiece sets the tone for a 20-storey luxury rental building in its final months of construction at Lonsdale and Avenue Rds., in Toronto.

“When people come around that corner and see the building with this beautiful brick, it really should make an impact,” predicts developer Bryan Levy.

He has high hopes for the head-turning highrise named 2Fifteen after its number on Lonsdale.

“It’s gonna be a big deal,” he says. “We realized there really wasn’t anything like this in Toronto.”

With high-calibre finishes, amenities and services, and attentive on-site staff to attend to residents, the boutique building is expected to fill a void in the purpose-built rental market.

--------
She said the well-designed building “looks beautiful” as the bricks go on, creating a façade that Levy credits for attracting interest in the pinwheel-shaped highrise.

Symbolic of the level of luxury and refinement that will define 2Fifteen, the bricks were a weighty consideration that prompted Levy to visit the Petersen Tegl factory in a small Danish town where he personally chose the long, thin “Kolumba” clay blocks.

“When you’re buying 200,000, you want to know what you’re getting,” he explains. “I actually made one myself.”

He also took 2Fifteen’s architect from Diamond Schmitt and interior designer from Wise Nadel to New York City to see the bricks in use on other buildings.

Lonsdale’s design features grey bricks in varying shapes and shades stacked horizontally, according to Levy. The masonry will be complimented by bronze anodized aluminum frames around the oversized floor-to-ceiling windows.

The developer notes they’re the first to use the Danish brick on a highrise in Canada.

Photos from the article:

bricks2.jpg

bricks.jpg

I can't help but laugh a little because this is basically a new take on your classic mid century tower in the park building (it even floats on pilotis!)

big units - broad, square built form with repeating floorplates, and solid materials.

I for one, am all for the return to these kinds of buildings.

I can't help but laugh a little because this is basically a new take on your classic mid century tower in the park building (it even floats on pilotis!)

big units - broad, square built form with repeating floorplates, and solid materials.

I for one, am all for the return to these kinds of buildings.
Agreed. I think they perfected apartment design in the 1950s-1960s; I've yet to see a new build come close to the practicality and space of the old 1950s 1 bedroom I lived in years ago. Spacious floor plan with space for separate living and dining areas, good sized bathroom and bedroom, basic but functional kitchen. If it ain't broke...

Pricing is out:

1br 663 sf from $2790
2br 1231 sf from $5990
2+D 1446 sf from $7590
3br 1896 sf from $14,990 (top 3 floors only)
Parking from $225
Lockers from $95
Occupancy starts mid-June 2022

Back