PMT

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...4491313&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

301 PARK LAWN RD
Ward 03 - Etob. York District

To construct a two-storey addition above the existing four-storey residential apartment building in order to increase the number of residential units from 25 to 39 units.
Current site:
1548979089006.png

Site Plan:
1548979013170.png

Elevations:
1548978896366.png

1548978926247.png

1548978947339.png

1548978959224.png

Last edited:
Umm....ok?

This is just an odd proposal. And one that probably wont look good either going on the fact that they're not going for brick.

I'm about a kilometre from this by road, and have been wondering how long it might be before we started to see such proposals in the area. There are (depending up how you count them—some are conjoined) 76 buildings of this type in the hilly Stonegate area, 90% of them four storeys tall. Too small to be tower-in-the-park type buildings, just about all of them with unused lawn space and surface parking, but few of them with enough underused space in spots where infill buildings could go easily. As ownership is mostly unconsolidated, it would take some assembly of sites to make significant intensification tenable. If going up with modest additions is the easiest way to intensify here, this won't be the last similar application in the area. We joke a lot about parking requirements in this city, but I do wonder, as most building lots here are full and newer residents buy permits from the City to park overnight on the streets (the curbsides are pretty much full), how that will be dealt with for expansions here.

The buildings in the area have NO recreation facilities, having been built before amenities were a thing, and I wonder if any expansion in this area should be required to feed a fund to build a local recreation centre. We need one. (There should have been a third floor on the commercial building at Backyard Neighbourhood Condos where a local YMCA could have been located.)

It is also an awkward location from a transit perspective.
One bus stop north of here, the 2 branches of the 66 are together the rest of the way to Old Mill and combine to provide 10 minute or better service during the TTC's period that it counts that. The service is never worse than every 15 minutes… so it's not that bad. The constantly increasing population down at Humber Bay Shores means the 66's frequency is only going to increase over time.

Tree protection fences have been put up, so I suppose this is a go. The building is still lived in: will it be during construction? We shall see… as we shall see just how bad a job they do on this…

IMG_3828.jpg

Tree protection fences have been put up, so I suppose this is a go. The building is still lived in: will it be during construction? We shall see… as we shall see just how bad a job they do on this…

View attachment 307092

Permit status still says 'under review' for the building; but mechanical and plumbing both say 'issuance pending'.

I'm sorry this is just dumb. What worries me is in Miami the penthouse was built after on the champlain towers that extra weight just added to the problem. Whoever proposed this has no brain. Just wait for this to collapse this structure was not mean for 2 more stories every engineer I showed this laughed. No underpinning or extra support on the lower parts of the structure. How long do they think this will last. The company that bought this building last year are just straight up greedy. I have family living there. U best be betting if anything happens to them they will be in some legal trouble

I just can't believe they let this pass someone was definitely paid off. This is dangerous and wreckless the structure is not meant to be 6 floors. There is already cracking in the concrete and the garage has water and chipping happening like Miami last second penthouse with now extra support being added will definitely collapse. I'm really mad that the city is letting these guy do this the plans do t even have any underpinning In then that worries me alot.

I'm sorry this is just dumb. What worries me is in Miami the penthouse was built after on the champlain towers that extra weight just added to the problem. Whoever proposed this has no brain. Just wait for this to collapse this structure was not mean for 2 more stories every engineer I showed this laughed. No underpinning or extra support on the lower parts of the structure. How long do they think this will last. The company that bought this building last year are just straight up greedy. I have family living there. U best be betting if anything happens to them they will be in some legal trouble
Send an e-mail out to Mark Grimes (your area city councillor) and Toronto Property Standards (via Toronto 311: mailto:311@toronto.ca) with all your concerns. If you have any photo evidence to support your claims that would give even more bite for Property standards to do an investigation.

You can also try giving 311 a call about it, but the email might be best first if you have the photo evidence showing any kind of structural/maintenance issues.

Preparing the current roof…

IMG_7260.jpg

Reactions: PMT

Back