While the images look stunning I'm not sure how excited I'd be living on the north side of this tower 10m from the Gardiner Expressway.

• Haha
Reactions: DSC
While the images look stunning I'm not sure how excited I'd be living on the north side of this tower 10m from the Gardiner Expressway.

It's interesting, I've been to the avondale condos (right beside the 401 near Yonge) and honestly if you don't mind or are used to white noise (and ignoring other potential concerns e.g. pollution) it's actually nice in some ways. Typically less horns or sirens compared to say a busier street.

At a glance it's pretty depressing that 49 stories are to be shoehorned into that context, surrounded as it is by road. One of the diagrams posted up thread indicated a squared off development plot when Parliament is realigned. Am I too cynical to think that the public will end up paying for a park(ette) in the additional land created?

18A9D5F0-F79C-4DE9-A401-679F8BC7EBF1.jpeg

Y'all think this is likely to happen, or a "please buy this site from us at the market value" proposal...?

Y'all think this is likely to happen, or a "please buy this site from us at the market value" proposal...?

I would be pleased; but very surprised to see Plaza deliver something like this.

One may imagine bait and switch, value-engineering or flipping as the reason said delivery does not occur.

If Plaza or anyone else delivers this.......that would impress.

At a glance it's pretty depressing that 49 stories are to be shoehorned into that context, surrounded as it is by road. One of the diagrams posted up thread indicated a squared off development plot when Parliament is realigned. Am I too cynical to think that the public will end up paying for a park(ette) in the additional land created?
Looking at this render, they seem to show the massing of a midrise in front of the tower, filling out space left behind by the Queens Quay realignment. Who knows if it will happen though.

Azure-Quayside-Toronto-plan.jpg

edit: what @ProjectEnd said
I just went through the same mind boggling. So it's number 8 on this plan which is outlined in the same triangle shape as the proposal and that lighter green box was just a place holder. There will definitely have to be some adjustments made to the tower just south of it, those seem too close together.

Toronto and East York Community Council consideration on June 29, 2022
TE34.88
ACTION​
Ward: 10​
307 Lake Shore Boulevard East - Official Plan and Zoning Amendment Applications - Preliminary Report

SEE: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2022.TE34.88

The bottom line is:
This report provides information and identifies a preliminary set of issues regarding the application at 307 Lake Shore Boulevard East, for a 49-storey mixed-use building with 430 residential units. Staff do not support this proposal as currently submitted. The proposal requires revision to reflect the area's development framework, and to implement planned coordination with the adjacent emerging Quayside development.

Attachments

• 1655492058404.png
    1655492058404.png
    101.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited by a moderator:

Back