I like it, slightly surprised it's a Tridel design, not the typical box you expect from them.

I am confident though that if anyone's going to bring that lobby to fruitition though, it will probably be Tridel.

Sad to see the Former Toronto Maple Leafs owner Harold Ballard's house being demolished. The house on Montgomery Rd. will be taken down to make way for the new Tridel Condo.

Who wants to attempt to get this registered as a Toronto Heritage Property ? Wink Wink

Ballard_6Montgomery.jpg
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

A lot of the wealthiest people I know live in homes significantly below their "resources". Many just don't care beyond having something functional, like that house above.

Sad to see the Former Toronto Maple Leafs owner Harold Ballard's house being demolished. The house on Montgomery Rd. will be taken down to make way for the new Tridel Condo.

Who wants to attempt to get this registered as a Toronto Heritage Property ? Wink Wink

View attachment 261236:rolleyes::rolleyes:
That's sad it's getting demolished. I like these old school houses. Very charming.

That's sad it's getting demolished. I like these old school houses. Very charming.
There are endless numbers of them starting just across the street, it's not a big deal for 'The Kingsway' area to lose these three at all, especially the one furthest to the south which is a truly motley hybrid.

Preliminary Report on this one to October 8th mtg of Etobicoke York Community Council:

Something I like in this proposal:

The application also proposes to naturalize and convey lands to the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) that are below the top-of-bank including the 10 metre buffer above the top-of-bank.

Something I'm less pleased by:

Far more parking spaces than units, when the site is only 500M from Royal York Stn (800M from Islington)

Outstanding issues listed:

1601833760721.png

Drop in the bucket for yellowbelt intensification, and I don't even like the architecture that much, but let's get this development going.

Last edited:
Curious, are the owers of those homes paid a sum to relinquish their property to the developer? And if so, could one go full on nail house with their property if they refuse to sell?

...I ask about the latter, because I always wonder if the owner is too attached to their home to ever want to sell it while they are alive...what happens then?

@UtakataNoAnnex, I think that maybe no-one answered your question because you practically answered it yourself: homeowners either sell to a developer or they don't, and if they don't the developer has to build around them, and a nail house is born.

Here's this Tridel site currently, with Tridel's three-tower Islington Terrace rising amongst other Islington Village area towers in behind.

IMG_2383.jpg

Event Information: 3100-3200 Bloor St W and 4-8 Montgomery Rd

Date and time:Monday, November 2, 2020 6:30 pm
Eastern Standard Time (Toronto, GMT-05:00)
Change time zone
Duration:2 hours
Description:
Join us for a Community Consultation Meeting to learn more about the application at 3100-3200 Bloor St W and 4-8 Montgomery Rd, ask questions, and share your comments.

Directions for joining the event either online or by telephone will be provided to you by email after you register for this event.

If you intend to join by telephone and would like to have questions addressed by staff or the applicant during the event, please provide the questions to the planner before the event, at Elisabeth.SilvaStewart@toronto.ca

Back