Kenojuak

Member Bio
Reaction score
Per Gary Marr, CoStar: https://www.costar.com/article/5006338/rogers-to-sell-off-piece-of-downtown-toronto-campus

Bids coming Monday [Oct. 7, 2019] for a piece of the Rogers Communications real estate empire in downtown Toronto. Cushman & Wakefield in Canada with the listing for 350 Bloor Street East. Potential for 40 storey tower at site

A Toronto planning firm hired by Rogers suggested the optimal mix would be 284,064 square feet of residential with close to 100,000 square feet of office space, as part of a 40-storey building.

"It's right downtown, on a subway line," said Ben Myers, founder of Bullpen Research & Consulting, a boutique real estate advisory firm. "The developer [will be buying] based on at least $1,200 to $1,300 a square foot for the condominiums. Who knows? This will be in high demand."

Toronto's most expensive area for high-rises continues to be in nearby Yorkville, where condos are now near $1,800 a square foot, said Myers, noting the demand for housing continues to stretch east as consumers look for affordability. Cushman & Wakefield said it considers the property for sale part of the Yorkville district.

"There are only so many sites [on Bloor]," said Myers. "I think residential wins the day. You've got a ravine there and a tremendous view that will not be blocked by anyone else."

This is the site:

Last edited:
Fame/awards aside lol... never been a fan of Parkin. Almost great becomes so so in most projects.

Think they may had offices here for a while.

So keep the shell, get a promise from Rogers to limit signage (yeah right) and build something spectacular as we always do.

Yes I think it would make a great podium. It's real nice and solid too hold a 50 storey structure on top!

Time to revive this thread.

Based on the lobbyist registry, redevelopment is afoot.

Your proponent is : Osmington Gerofsky Development Corp.

There are already good streetview shots above, but I'll add an aerial pic:

1646752042786.png

Site Size: ~2500m2 / 27000ft2

Overt site issues:

- As noted above, for some, retention of architectural expression.

- Abuts Rosedale Valley, probably need to concede 10M at rear of property to TRCA.

- Retention of office space.

Back