AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
Might be jumping the gun here, but I saw a Krcmar Surveyors Ltd sign posted outside this building (on the Spadina side). May not necessarily mean anything substantial, but Krcmar certainly are involved in many cases for planning and prospecting towards new developments.

There's also a fair amount of parking space behind the building, although I'm not sure how close the positioning of the subway underneath it is. If there were to be a future redevelopment, I'd hope that they can at least maintain and restore the facade of the current corner building.

It is currently listed on Berkley Property Management's website : https://www.berkleypm.ca/apartments/2-spadina-road/

Last edited:
Might be jumping the gun here, but I saw a Krcmar Surveyors Ltd sign posted outside this building (on the Spadina side). May not necessarily mean anything substantial, but Krcmar certainly are involved in many cases for planning and prospecting towards new developments.

There's also a fair amount of parking space behind the building, although I'm not sure how close the positioning of the subway underneath it is. If there were to be a future redevelopment, I'd hope that they can at least maintain and restore the facade of the current corner building.

It is currently listed on Berkley Property Management's website : https://www.berkleypm.ca/apartments/2-spadina-road/

You aren't jumping the gun at all. This proposal is on the way, inclusive of 350, 342, 334 Bloor and 4 and 6A spadina, as has been outlined above.

Totally agree re: keeping the facade of the existing building. 300 Bloor West may offer some insights for a site with subway constraints.

AoD

Don’t see it online but in the latest Annex Gleaner it notes that this site’s height is limited to low 30 storeys due to the Knox College view corridor.

30-ish storeys sounds reasonable. There's a fair amount of development activity at the Bloor & Spadina area if this materializes, along with 316 Bloor W @ Madison, and 300 Bloor W @ Huron. The University of Toronto Schools site still have a sizeable amount of parking space remaining if that were to be utilized further in the future. West of Spadina and just north of Bloor on Walmer, there's a couple of abandoned houses that have sat neglected for many years. There's no official plans for it but that would be suitable as a redevelopment site.

Knox College has a view corridor? A view of what, ugly buildings and sky? In a city, surely the view should be attractive buildings? With any luck the proposed building will provide something attractive to look from the SE corner.

334 BLOOR ST W
Ward 11 - Tor & E.York District

Development Applications

Rezoning application to construct a 35-storey mixed-use building with a 3- to 6-storey podium. Retail uses are proposed below grade and at grade, along with the replacement of 24 existing rental dwelling units within 334 Bloor and replacement of the existing office space in 336-348 Bloor. The proposal includes an 'urban living room' concept at the corner of Bloor and Spadina, extending along the length of the Spadina frontage, and will integrate the existing subway entrance into the podium of the building.

-------------------------------------------------------
An article on the project's pre-application community consulation meeting sheds some light on the proposal:

A recent meeting held by the design team and developers included two existing property owners and architects from IBI Group.

For connectivity, he says the project aims to join the building with the surrounding neighbourhood and make improvements to the public realm through landscaping and widened sidewalks. There will also be a connection to other sites through subway integration that allows access between the building, the Spadina subway station, and loading and parking areas.

There will also be outdoor spaces with trees at street level and terraces on upper levels.

Last edited:
*Tries to imagine accessing that 7-Eleven through a pristine marbled lobby*

...by the way, wasn't that a local bank building sometime down my memory lane? Or I thinking of that RBC one down Bloor West & Bedford that's now a Tim Hortons?

Definitely sounds like the existing building is gonna be torn down if they're talking about "an urban living room" at the corner of Bloor and Spadina (also no way to widen the sidewalks without at least moving the existing structure)

For me, ideally they keep the facade of the corner building or at least rebuild it afterwards among the podium. Good to see this includes plans to integrate the subway entrance though. Overall this is a pretty major project for the area.

Back