Isn’t there a grocery store down the street on Bloor?

Separately, I wonder why no entrance on Spadina - especially if it’s configured as one big store. That seems like a miss in terms of street design/presence, no?

There is a Metro across the street but it's tiny, way overpriced, and super crowded.

I used to live in the area and hated that damn store. I'd try to find any excuse to do groceries somewhere else.

There is a Metro across the street but it's tiny, way overpriced, and super crowded.

To be fair they once tried to make me pay 20 dollars for 10 slices of Roast Beef vs the Yonge and College store which was 6 dollars for the same amount. That's a discussion for another thread though.

This project has that 80s-90s office tower look as seen in the previous page . I love the 50 percent window to column ratio that gives the building a bold look.

The ground floor here is awful. They absolutly have to get the ground floor right. they are trying to sell a large lobby as a pops space? Hell no.

Tower is gonna tower so I don’t care about that but they need to replicate the existing ground floor configuration on Bloor and then improve it on Spadina (which is crap now).

This area is underserved by groceries right now if you ask me, at least for those without a car. Lots of groceries in easy driving /cycling distance, but walking here is more challenging. The grocery stores up on Dupont are just a little to far to be an easy walk. Another grocer would be great. Especially a budget-focused grocer, though this space doesn't really look like that type of space.
Isn’t there a grocery store down the street on Bloor?

Separately, I wonder why no entrance on Spadina - especially if it’s configured as one big store. That seems like a miss in terms of street design/presence, no?

The Shoppers next door practically is a grocery store, after their expansion. They have a huge grocery area.

Don't forget there is also an Independent CityMarket over at Manulife Centre (former ValuMart / Bloor Street Market)

Not bad. Given that it is the Annex, are we expecting a lot of NIMBYs?
Not going to lie here, the nerf bat will most likely be taken to its height.

...personally, I don't mind the building within a building design as long as this project avoids using bargain price materials. Can't say the same for my others in my neighbourhood...as I have no doubt a few would take issue with it even if this thing was 3 and half stories high. I do appreciate better quality visits to my local 7-Eleven when this is all finished though.

Last edited:
.. you wonder if this going to by a catalyst to extend the Annex heritage district to also cover the Bloor to Dupont / Spadina to Bathurst section.

unrelated, but damn, the city finally killed their old dev apps site. A shame, I find the new one a lot more cumbersome. You can search dev apps from the last 30 days still, but can't generate a list sorted by submission date. Makes it far more difficult to keep up on the latest submissions.
Any details on how the TTC entrance integrates into the building? I can't get the new DA site to work for me - I just get a spinning wheel of "processing"!

Also, shame they were unwilling to keep the facade of the existing brick building :(

Way too much parking for something basically on top of a subway station. We should be encouraging people to take transit, not giving them tons of excuses not to.

Development notice boards have made their appearance. I almost walked into one taking my regular shortcut through the parking lot.

Not jumping for joy over this one, my shortcut and regular businesses will be replaced with some stupid atrium and yet more miles of glass wall on the street. No thanks. Part of what makes Bloor West of here so charming and pleasant to walk through is all the different shopfronts you pass by and the general human-scale to the buildings.

I welcome the density and would even sacrifice the corner facade if needed although I'd rather not, but this proposal in its current form is definitely flawed. The atrium serves little value, this isn't NYCC/Willowdale or the stops along the Sheppard line. Ideally, it needs to be restored into even amounts of retail units along Bloor, and be a lot more engaging along the Spadina gateway.

Last edited:

Back