The silo site is owned by Castlepoint only; Cityzen and Continental Ventures, their partners on the adjacent 3C site, are not involved in this project. These posts will be pulled out of the 3C thread.

Last edited:
I'm just not sure how i feel about this one. In general I love the integration of new structures with heritage buildings but there's something about this one that doesn't quite work for me... I don't know, in most cases where this works well there is a practicality and functionality that underlays the juxtaposition of styles (i.e. a modern addition adding to a low rise and low density heritage structure, the one justifying the other). In this instance though it just comes off as gimmicky. I'm happy the silos are being preserved and 'repurposed' (sort of?) but forcing them into a condo podium somehow seems unseemly to me.

Just some preliminary thoughts though, i will keep an open mind!

Not a fan - it's seems rather forced, trying to cram as much onto the site which really doesn't fit the vision for the area in general.

AoD

Considering that the site is right on the lake and its enviable proximity to downtown, the proposed density does not surprise me. I would however like a closer look at the proposed tower and how it mates to the silos.

The regionalArchitects hyperlink in the top post is long dead, but it appears that things have changed for this site anyway. According to this story in Bisnow, the properties at 351 and 369 Lake Shore Blvd E, which were formerly owned by 3C partner Castlepoint Numa, have now been sold to Dream and Great Gulf in joint venture.

3C still owns the property to the east. 3C is Castlepoint Numa and Cityzen of Toronto, and Continental Ventures of New York. I do not know who owns 333 Lake Shore East immediately to the west of the silo site. Might it be Waterfront Toronto or another City agency?

351-369LakeShoreETorontoMaps.jpeg

From the City of Toronto's mapping site.

Attachments

• 351-369LakeShoreETorontoMaps.jpeg
    351-369LakeShoreETorontoMaps.jpeg
    342.2 KB · Views: 1,441
Interesting. Was wondering what would come of 3C's site. And 333 is WaterfrontTO, with the exception of the dockwall (TPLC). Anyone know if WTO ever presented anything for that site?

EBF-LDL-ownership_2016.jpg

Attachments

• EBF-LDL-ownership_2016.jpg
    EBF-LDL-ownership_2016.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 1,609
Of course, WT has plans to extend Queen's Quay eastward to meet Cherry Street, to straighten Cherry Street and construct a new bridge over the (improved) Keating Channel. All of this, plus the Gardiner work, will somewhat change the site.

As mentioned in the other thread, this one is currently titled in the style that includes the address. Once this one gets a dataBase file attached to it, its name will change to reflect the project name, and the address will be dropped from the thread title.

I wasn't able to find a thread for this, sorry if one exists, but it looks like there is some movement on the Victory Silos property (different than the 3C proposal). Address is 351-369 Lakeshore Boulevard East, and looks to be developed by Great Gulf and Dream Unlimited. One site says that the first phase will include a 50 story mixed-use tower.

Here are some links:
Picture of property:
Victory-Silo-Condos-Birds-Eye-View-w1000.jpg

Last edited:
The Victory Silo site isn't in the East Bayfront precinct. It's in the Keating precinct to the east. This is not the right thread.

ETA: While I was looking for the correct thread, the posts (inlcuding mine) actually got moved to the right thread. Fast work, Mod/Admin!

Last edited:
Funny. One of the links has a pic of the Canada Malt Silos on Lake Shore West and not of the Victory Soy silos on Lake Shore East.

Back