Screenshot-2021-11-10-101823.png

The images aren't showing up for me, can someone flip me a link to where they're hosted?

The images aren't showing up for me, can someone flip me a link to where they're hosted?

They are coming up for me; but they are quite slow to load.

But here ya go:

Those are the renders.

For the rest, just right-click on them to see an option related to 'image link' and you can use that to get to them.

Wow. Distracted by those grossly-drawn belly fat ads. Too funny! Amateur-hour advertising. And dang, those images are definitely sloooow to load.

not sure why they are slow to load - the biggest one is smaller than 1.5Mb

PNG format photos are slower to load. JPG are usually a lot smoother.

I suspect it's more about file size..........these are large for UT.

1.2mb each.

I suspect it's more about file size..........these are large for UT.

1.2mb each.
Well, if you'll forgive me, you are one of the few members who consistently post png files. For example, the four pics in this recent post in the CIBC thread are between 1.6 and 2.2 MB in size…

…so the difference is likely that @ChesterCopperpot's images are being hosted on postimg.cc which is just not as fast a server as the urbantoronto.ca one is. Chester, if you used the Attach files button at the bottom of the posts to add images, that would upload them to our fast server.

That said, we do prefer jpgs. If people are able to convert to jpgs, it speeds up UrbanToronto for everyone!

Well, if you'll forgive me, you are one of the few members who consistently post png files. For example, the four pics in this recent post in the CIBC thread are between 1.6 and 2.2 MB in size…

…so the difference is likely that @ChesterCopperpot's images are being hosted on postimg.cc which is just not as fast a server as the urbantoronto.ca one is. Chester, if you used the Attach files button at the bottom of the posts to add images, that would upload them to our fast server.

That said, we do prefer jpgs. If people are able to convert to jpgs, it speeds up UrbanToronto for everyone!

I noted the file size for the very reason that you had highlighted that issue to me in the past. It wasn't a complaint, merely an observation.

For that reason, I now routinely re-size every single pic as I d/l them from the camera to 'medium' which usually puts them in the 200k-600k range.

I'm surprised that either the compression didn't work on those, or I somehow missed it.

I will review those when I get a chance and see if I can make them smaller.

You can convert png files to jpg by opening up in Photoshop and using the /Saving As feature to the option of jpg. Bob's your uncle. Betty is my aunt...

Fixed and noted for future reference.

Wow that does look pretty amazing. I would like to see more emphasis on the lake promenade though - it looks like there's going to be a road there? :(
Yes. Hoping that WaterfrontTO will come out against that road and/or the city will block it. If there isn't a road along the promenade further west, why should there be one here?! Otherwise a stunning proposal.

Back