A little closer up…

36EgWestAerE1280D.jpg
36EgWestAerN1280DT.jpg
36EgWestPodNE1280K.jpg

Nice and simple. Elegant.

This elegant building is nice enough to belong on the waterfront. But I think it's too close to the building next door. They should shave a third of it off on the side close the neighboring tower. And add it two the top creating a thin supertall lol.

This elegant building is nice enough to belong on the waterfront. But I think it's too close to the building next door. They should shave a third of it off on the side close the neighboring tower. And add it two the top creating a thin supertall lol.
Huh??

The tower looks great - not so convinced by the podium; it looks rather fuzzy. Also the rendering kind of hand-waved the treatment of the glazing level with the floorslabs - I can't imagine they'd use transparent glazing as depicted in the renders.

AoD

The tower looks great - not so convinced by the podium; it looks rather fuzzy. Also the rendering kind of hand-waved the treatment of the glazing level with the floorslabs - I can't imagine they'd use transparent glazing as depicted in the renders.

AoD
I think the podium's design blends in quite seamlessly with the tower! Both podium and tower using the same jagged box cladding idea.

Interesting argument to make, but given the existing site-specific on the site for the removal (and no replacement) of the existing office building I'm not sure it is a successful one. The Growth Plan language is weak in this respect as well, saying only that major office uses will be directed to urban growth centres. By that logic the existing permissions to remove and not replace the use are inconsistent with the Growth Plan.

Back