Toronto Model 07-21-22 399 Yonge.png

It's nice to some bronze cladding instead of blue green black and white curtain walls lol! As seen in Koop's illustration rendering and flyby up above!

...I'm more concerned if the current developers will pull another Madison Group on Teeple post Nobu.

That said, I presume all these renders are preliminary and subject to likely change?
Teeple do not have the capacity to take something this large through construction. That doesn't mean it's going to be TFAI, but it's not going to be them solo.

The design is a bit of a mess already. And with a tower covered in aluminum panels, it most likely will look cheap and worn before its time.

I have little confidence that this will look decent in the end. And I say that with sadness.

Last edited:
But 1200 Bay is not approved so that number doesn't mean much. And surely this proposal will never get approved at 51.6 either. They'll have to acquire an adjacent property or reduce the height significantly.
Does the number mean anything anyways? Unless I am wrong, I don't think the FSI number contemplates air rights or limiting distance agreements; either of which they could have in their pocket with 415 or covenant house.

I wonder how many units in this various clunkers will have basically no sunlight after all is said and done?

As anyone who lives in a downtown high-rise knows, there is a lot of reflected light throughout the day to brighten their units. Direct sunlight is not really necessary.
As someone who lives in a Condo, direct sunlight is not actually your friend (queue sizzling noises due to junky window wall)

What a mess, though it just looks like a massing exercise only. The only building I really want to see go up as is would be 372 Yonge across the intersection.

What a mess, though it just looks like a massing exercise only. The only building I really want to see go up as is would be 372 Yonge across the intersection.
Maybe a hot take but the Aura building is one of my favourites in the city (at night at least cuz that lighting), I'm sad to see the view of it get so blocked so fast

Back