Reaction score
City:
Aarhus
Nov 6, 2021

A7E82597-20B5-45CE-8E8E-7E7D9E75A213_1_201_a.jpeg

Irishmonk

Member Bio
Reaction score
As bad as that podium, front entrance and tower are, I doubt that anyone lucky enough to work inside the building will be remotely aware of the horror they present to the outside world. And for those same folks who might walk to work, I doubt that they ever glance up from their phones to take in their respective surroundings, before heading inside.

I'm becoming further convinced that architecture--with the exception of landmark tourist attractions--and possibly celebrity mansions-- may no longer matter much to most folks, since few people these days are actually gazing up or out at it. The eventual transition to VR headsets will only exacerbate this trend.

The most unfortunate aspect of this tower is that it IS visible from NPS which is a tourist destination. One can only hope that visiting folks will quickly get their selfie at the TORONTO sign and move on without gazing around too much. It may just be fellow architecture nerds who actually give a rats ass anymore about this particular kind of urban desecration.

Last edited: