Those renders sure make those windows look sexy. I'm pretty sure they won't look that way when all is said and built.

...one can have a smidgen of hope they will I suppose.

I get excited when density is proposed next to GO stations--very necessary and long overdue. This is now the third intensification proposal along LSE in Scarborough? This, the Scarb GO redevelopment and what's the other one I'm missing?

Permitting myself to dream a little, I see the future of Kingston Road as a long mid-rise corridor with high density clusters at the GO stations. A light metro line will run on Kingston from Lawrence into the core where it becomes elevated rail replacing the Gardiner.

Then I pinched myself awake.

I get excited when density is proposed next to GO stations--very necessary and long overdue. This is now the third intensification proposal along LSE in Scarborough? This, the Scarb GO redevelopment and what's the other one I'm missing?

Permitting myself to dream a little, I see the future of Kingston Road as a long mid-rise corridor with high density clusters at the GO stations. A light metro line will run on Kingston from Lawrence into the core where it becomes elevated rail replacing the Gardiner.

Then I pinched myself awake.

Nothing else in Scarborough yet; but there is massive density proposed for Danforth GO which is just about 1km west of Scarborough.

There is also massive density proposed on the LSW at Mimico.

Nothing else in Scarborough yet; but there is massive density proposed for Danforth GO which is just about 1km west of Scarborough.

There is also massive density proposed on the LSW at Mimico.
There's the Scarborough junction masterplan which I'm guessing they're referencing, as well as a few proposals near Eglinton but not right on the parking lot like the other two

1620082192974.png

Where exactly do the "FUTURE PHASES" massings and suggestions come from...???

Our volunteers have been watching those Provincially-Owned GO station surface parking-lots in Scarborough for a while - and we have not seen anything that would suggest any "firm" plans to develop those Metrolinx owned lands yet.

View attachment 317070

Where exactly do the "FUTURE PHASES" massings and suggestions come from...???

Our volunteers have been watching those Provincially-Owned GO station surface parking-lots in Scarborough for a while - and we have not seen anything that would suggest any "firm" plans to develop those Metrolinx owned lands yet.

It's from a Block Context Plan by the applicant for this proposal.

It's a City Requested hypothetical to show how this application could work with future development on adjacent properties.

From the Planning Rationale Report:

1620083140320.png

It is also not without precedent. Metrolinx has been working on block master plans for many of their GO station "Mobility Hubs" for over a decade now. Though usually those have been in the 905, rather than in Toronto.

It is also not without precedent. Metrolinx has been working on block master plans for many of their GO station "Mobility Hubs" for over a decade now. Though usually those have been in the 905, rather than in Toronto.
...are those METROLINX documents public somewhere..?

...are those METROLINX documents public somewhere..?
Hahahaha. No.

I've gone down quite a few rabbit holes chasing them myself, but it is one of those items that Metrolinx decided to not be public and transparent about, despite the whole "Mobility Hubs" policy being one of their initiatives and referenced in the regional Growth Plan. You might end up being disappointed with what you come up with though, since much of the content seems like a policy afterthought given to entry-level employees and summer interns to work on, rather than any silver bullet plans to resolve regional affordability. The term "mobility hub" itself was never clearly defined and seems to have undergone several renditions and definitions over the years until fading from use recently.

The best place to start looking though is through the various municipalities planning departments (particularly Burlington, Oakville, and Mississauga) as regardless of how serious Metrolinx themselves looked at master-planning their mobility hubs, it trickled down to actual planning policy-making and secondary plan visioning within the local municipalities. Some of the municipalities even got their hands on some of the Metrolinx documents and uploaded them to their secondary plan studies webpages as context documents.

The most developed study Metrolinx was done for Cooksville GO IIRC, as they brought in outside consultants to lead to study and it coincided with reconstruction of the GO station there. It is thoroughly outdated now given that the development climate has changed significantly for the taller and denser, and now the Dundas BRT seems like something that will be built, but that might be a good place to start. You can see in that report what kind of study Metrolinx may have envisioned eventually pursuing at every "Mobility Hub".

I wish they were building these condos in the downtown core. New rendering shows reddish and gray brick precast and dark glazed windows nice cladding etc. Which is much needed in the downtown area for diversity as seen in the previous page.

Thanks @Northern Light for that link to the document, it's very helpful to understand what is going with the development.

I'm really surprised that they are not proposing a community center in addition to residential uses, which is much needed in the area. Port Union, Scarborough town center, and all the other surrounding neighborhoods have their own public community center except for Guildwood. There are 3 nearby proposals for rental housing in the area already pending approval. What about families/young couples who are just starting out in the real estate market who would like to purchase their own apartment/condo? How can they reach upward mobility without these types of mixed housing? Hope to see this concerns incorporated as well.

@cd concept they are not condos, all the residential units are rental housing. For 2000 additional people without increasing or providing amenities in the area to support them

Back