PMT

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
4151 KINGSTON RD
Ward 24 - Scarborough District

9-storey residential building containing 145 dwelling units with three levels of underground parking.

Proposed Use ---​
# of Storeys ---​
# of Units ---​
Type​
Number​
Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
Site Plan Approval​
20 174551 ESC 24 SA​
Jul 30, 2020​
Application Received​

Current site:
1596903824560.png

This should be a 40 story proposal, I mean it's right next to Guildwood GO and as a result it should be considered a transit oriented development right? ;)

Nice looking building for this nieboughood ! Love the fancy brick work for the podium facade . Followed by the precast columns with fancy trim work on it for the tower. Could use some kind of rooftop or a parapet for the top in my opinion.

I'm not sure about this design. I think a modern take on brick with a cornice is an interesting idea, but would be more effective with a better set-back. The two different treatments above (glass & I'm assuming pre-cast) being nearly flush is unfortunate. I appreciate that they are showing the mullions and spandrel in the render, so that won't be a surprise, but I am not encouraged.

In sum, I think the built form is good for the area and massing acceptable. The design leaves something to be desired, but the building could be a solid 6/10 if reasonably well executed.

Yeah, I find this design to have elements of potential but overall be rather half-baked. The brick base is interesting, and the majority white precast sections with uniform square windows reminds me of Los Angeles for some reason. But the spandrel parts already signify areas of concern when interpreting how it may be executed. 6/10 range seems about fair, I won't be too harsh considering how far out this is on the peripherals of the city.

New rendering added!
The following information changed. The total storey count changed from 9 storeys to 12 storeys. Total height changed from 31.10m to 40.75m. The total unit count changed from 145 units to 150 units. Finally, the total parking spaces was reduced from 145 parking to 61 parking.

Rendering taken from the architectural plan via the recent minor variance submission:

PLN-CA Plans - SEP 26  2022-3.jpg

Wow look at the detail trim on this facade! Love to see this building in the Yorkville area!

Bit of a mish-mash with the three different sections, I'd prefer if they maybe picked two finishes and ran with that. Overall it's interesting though, with half-decent materials this could be quite nice. A pleasant surprise considering this is a part of the city where developers often don't even bother trying.

Back