Terrible architecture for this location. Could not make this project blander than it is.
Agreed, but somehow that black panel looks to be of a higher quality than what's going up on Great Gulf's 357 King West in Downtown Toronto.: at least this material looks like it isn't going to "oil can."

The upper level panels are under sticker wraps still, but are progressing:

DSC00928.JPG
DSC00932.JPG

Agreed, but somehow that black panel looks to be of a higher quality than what's going up on Great Gulf's 357 King West in Downtown Toronto.: at least this material looks like it isn't going to "oil can."

Update from the architect including a sneak peak at the colours under the stickers:
View attachment 344358

If it's all supplied by Alpolic then that's why the material looks so much smoother. Alpolic is part of Mitsubishi, and at least to my knowledge (from my friend who works with it, and based on the pricing) it is well known for being high quality/premium and not flexing like the panels on 357 King which are being supplied by a much cheaper manufacturer that don't reinforce the panels as well. It's kind of a kick in the face to 357 King that an entirely affordable building is actually being clad in much higher quality panels. I did tease that Alpolic panels will be appearing on another entertainment district project pretty close by to 357 King, but we likely wont see them for a couple of months yet.

Indwell does some great work throughout SW Ontario. Looking forward to the final product.

Not needed: there is no 425 Lakeshore East in Toronto.

Of course it's your call but I doubt I am the only UTer who sees 425 Lakeshore East and thinks of Toronto - especially when it's in a Forum called UrbanToronto (not UrbanMississauga!) (And yes, I know it's 2 words in Toronto but not, apparently, in Mississauga).

Of course it's your call but I doubt I am the only UTer who sees 425 Lakeshore East and thinks of Toronto - especially when it's in a Forum called UrbanToronto (not UrbanMississauga!) (And yes, I know it's 2 words in Toronto but not, apparently, in Mississauga).
I thought "Oh, I could add 'Road' to the title to further distinguish it," but then I thought, "Ah, it could be mistaken for being in Oakville or Burlington then" so, yup, I have also added Mississauga now. Regarding those who don't recognize that Lake Shore is two words in Toronto, I have little interest in catering to them. A guy's gotta have standards!

Back