drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
Just an early at grade rendering with the news. Be interesting to see how big and tall this will be re: impacts on south views from The Well's office tower.

Front-and-Spadina-rendering-2022.jpg

metrolinx

You might have a Block Context Plan around that envisioned this site............

Thoughts on height?
I have lots of things ;)...

No clue what Dream Kilmer will pursue, but the guidance was for two towers, one low 50s and the second low 40s. The render has vauge notions of RPBW so I'm excited by that prospect!

Ok, let's put my standard bits in here as to what this site is all about:

Per TO Maps, this is the parcel we are discussing here:

1662665233134.png

This site is just shy of 0.5ha/ or about 48000ft2

That would certainly allow for a very fulsome commercial footprint, alternatively one could accomodate 2 residential towers with typical floorplates, and have a full 25M separation distance.

Diamond Kilmer aren't known for large-scale commercial, I therefore think the latter is more likely; though I'm tempted by the clean slate here for a large commercial floorplate.

Via Streetview, this is the site:

1662665530673.png

The middle of the latter building is about the mid-point of the site on the E-W axis.

Yes you do; LOL, which is why I asked; saves me looking it up! (For those who don't know PE also has a mind like a trap for this stuff..........he remembers things most people never knew who worked on projects)

No clue what Dream Kilmer will pursue, but the guidance was for two towers, one low 50s and the second low 40s. The render has vauge notions of RPBW so I'm excited by that prospect!

With due regard for the new courthouse, it would be thrilling to see a real tall piano🎹 on this site. Wow... please....

RPBW is the first thing I thought about when I saw that rendering as well! I have my doubts, but hope springs eternal right?

AoD

RPBW is the first thing I thought about when I saw that rendering as well! I have my doubts, but hope springs eternal right?

AoD
In Toronto, hope is all we've really got. That said Dream's work over in the Canary District is superb, some of the best recent stuff in the city. So I'm happy with their award here, especially since some of the other bidders were...questionable...in their submissions.

In Toronto, hope is all we've really got. That said Dream's work over in the Canary District is superb, some of the best recent stuff in the city. So I'm happy with their award here, especially since some of the other bidders were...questionable...in their submissions.

The bright side I guess is that it does look like tempered RPBW (like the courthouse), which I supose make that prospect more likely.

AoD

Back