Can you imagine if we really cared?
1662738053691.png

I thought this Red Mars' photo would hint at the impact on south views from The Well (particularly the office tower) from 51 and 43 storey towers at 433 Front West.

Most here already know (so this is for those who don't ;-) the Metrolinx site is immediately west of Spadina bridge and directly facing The Well office tower to the north. The site is in the rail corridor itself and is on the far right of the photo (approximately behind the GO passenger car on the right).

fCJlO2jvxJ.jpeg

Red Mars

I would rather have a full park than this cheap glass building up some of the space lol!

We've discussed why Rail Deck Park is a less than ideal scheme overall, before, so I won't rehash that now.

I will say this much w/o revealing anything........this building is unlikely to be 'cheap'. (and probably not cheap looking either, though I haven't seen the renders yet)

I missed this when @ProjectEnd posted the massing diagrams, but 900m2 and 850m2 for the residential tower floor-plates seems excessive (and chunky).

While it would very likely be more expensive to go taller with smaller floor-plates, I'd like to encourage this... resulting in more tower separation and better views for and of recent builds nearby.

A Paid announcement from The Well-ness Committee of Ward 10 - Spadina-Fort York

Last edited:
@3Dementia - those massings aren't reflective of what's being pursued here. They're only from the package used to vend the site.

What's actually coming will make folks very happy (myself included). Floor count in the thread title isn't accurate either.

What this thread as PE and I go back and forth teasing everyone while saying nothing much, because we would make someone else very unhappy with us. LOL 🤣

I think I'm going to put @Northern Light and @ProjectEnd on my "Ignore until renderings are attached" list for this thread.

You're killin' me (and others).

I wonder if the first few floors facing the tracks will have sound proof windows like what some airport hotels have.

Back