The building is being converted to office space. My new office is planned for the 4th and 5th Floors. They'll also building a rooftop patio to serve all the offices. Quite nice inside.

spadina1.jpg

spadina2.jpg

spadina3.jpg

spadina4.jpg

what a great space inside. they usually do good renovations for offices in these types of buildings. enjoy your new office!

Excellent rehabilitation project! Reminds me of the building just south of you (401 Front or Wellington I believe).

Great Stuff!

^Don't get your point

this building survivn' demolition has all to do with a massive increase in demand for office space over the past few years than anything else. Still has the parking lot inbehind to fill with more lucrative office space or flip it as condos

No, it's the old argument about economic downturns being the best saviour of old buildings there is...

No, it's the old argument about economic downturns being the best saviour of old buildings there is...

True to a degree, but it can also go the other way too. Just look at all the wonderful gems in Detroit left dilapidated and rotting away. It's such a shame. If there's one city deserving of a rennaissance, it's that one, before all their great architectural heritage collapses from sheer neglect.

As for this project, I'm delighted that it's not being demolished as we first thought! I'd love to have an office in a place like that.

They've done a fantastic job cleaning up the dirty masonry on the exterior facing Spadina. It looks just as good as any of the buildings along King now.

The building is being converted to office space. My new office is planned for the 4th and 5th Floors. They'll also building a rooftop patio to serve all the offices. Quite nice inside.

spadina1.jpg

spadina2.jpg

spadina3.jpg

spadina4.jpg

New office? Are you opening up your own agency Jayomatic?

Not my own agency, just the one i work for. We were at 99 Spadina but our lease is up and we were looking for 2 floors instead of 3. 99 Spadina is going to be pretty empty come fall with Diesel also gone.

Every group at our company is fighting to get those large 4th floor windows!

Not my own agency, just the one i work for. We were at 99 Spadina but our lease is up and we were looking for 2 floors instead of 3. 99 Spadina is going to be pretty empty come fall with Diesel also gone.

Every group at our company is fighting to get those large 4th floor windows!

That doesn't say much :)
Are you guys taking up more floor space on the 2 floors VS your old 3 or are you down sizing ?

Regarding the Diesel playhouse is it moving somewhere else and do we know for a fact it is moving I can't seem to find confirmation anywhere.

What's slated to become of the building btw?

Ah one sec, I think your thinking of another Diesel because I don't think the later is on Spadina ... my bad.

Yeah. I was talking about the old Diesel fitness on Spadina. My company Blast Radius currently occupies 3 floors at 99 spadina but we want to keep the same office floor space but have it only distributed over the 2 floors instead of 3. Because its 3 we hardly ever see anyone on the other floors. Plus we wanted to create larger public spaces and lounge areas. I'll post more pictures when we are finished construction.

Back