Bold statement for a boom that's included Design Haus, or Orca, or Social, or...

Bold....brash...........and.....difficult to fathom. Personal taste will vary, but I think, broadly, this one has been well received. In any event, you outline but three of the many, many buildings that look far worse.

It's the holidays............so I won't rag on UT's chief Toronto Presentation Board Agenda Item poster, @DSC for being pokey on this one..... LOL

But the agenda for the January 6th, 2023 meeting is up and this building is up for designation.

Last edited:
Definitely looks like a Wallman-designed building with the characteristic brick pattern motif on the facade.
It has a 70s or 80s apartment block look to it — the form, the recessed balconies and the muted brown and beige colour palate. Not sure if I like it but I don’t really hate it either. I’d guess it’s a decent background building. I think the brick shouldn’t match so closely with the heritage building, it makes it look really bland and doesn’t do the heritage building much justice by trying to blend together.

I would love to see the gas station being developed with this site and create a taller, more prominent building that complements the buildings around it. At 28 storeys it looks to be swallowed up by the much taller newer buildings nearby. Adding 10 more storeys would be welcomed here without conforming too much of the relentless 50-storey tabletop look of the entertainment district to the east.

Not sure what's up w/this one............its sat quietly for well over a year now......

AIC still says 'Under Review' ; No sign of it at OLT that I can discern. But I know the proponent's lawyers are talking to the City about it. (currently)

Reactions: AHK

Back