I'm not sure that's really any different to many building he's already designed though. He seems to go for those big warehouse window feel...this proposal has this in droves. Perhaps folks don't like the stepped cantilever...which does look a bit uncanny, IMO. But I would disagree that this is the city where Morris has come to push daisies, as suggested over on the page proceeding. >.<

Love the dark column picture framed punctured window look that add dimension to the facade. And the orange wood covered canopy under the building structure. That compliments the old buildings beside it as seen in the previous page!

Last edited:
Is it a bit overbearing on the Spadina buildings? That was my first impression (granted the renderings are of a warped perspective).

Love the building....wouldn't mind if the built form was a bit different (maybe stepping away from Spadina, instead of stepping forward).

Is it just me or are the docs no longer there?

Apparently...........just you;

1653149646682.png

Did you accidentally click on the SA instead of the OZ? Because there's nothing under the SA yet.

I like this but I'm worried much of these walls is just going to become the standard Toronto spandrel and mullions cladding. This design looks nice with everything in between the beams portrayed as glass, but how much of that is going to actually be reality?

I like this but I'm worried much of these walls is just going to become the standard Toronto spandrel and mullions cladding. This design looks nice with everything in between the beams portrayed as glass, but how much of that is going to actually be reality?

It's Allied. If Allied's track record in Toronto does not give you any confidence, I do not think anything would....

blogTO article on the 460 King West proposal by Jack Landau:

Last edited by a moderator:

Back