AHK

Member Bio
Reaction score
On today's Second Quarter Conference Call, Hugh Clark of Allied indicated that planning has started for the redevelopment of the North-West corner of King & Spadina, with an initial submission to the City anticipated in the Fourth Quarter of 2021 or First Quarter of 2022.

Allied has quite the land assembly here, with the corner building, parking lots on the west and north sides of the corner building, and the buildings to the north and west of those parking lots. Would expect that the historic building at 460 King Street West would remain intact, given the restoration work previously undertaken by Allied, and that new development would be built in the parking lots around it, and possibly integrate the adjoining buildings.

Hugh's comments may be heard around the 14 minute mark of the conference call, archived on the Allied web site.

View of the current building from Allied's website, along with an interior photo:

kw.jpg
kw2.jpg

On today's Second Quarter Conference Call, Hugh Clark of Allied indicated that planning has started for the redevelopment of the North-West corner of King & Spadina, with an initial submission to the City anticipated in the Fourth Quarter of 2021 or First Quarter of 2022.

Allied has quite the land assembly here, with the corner building, parking lots on the west and north sides of the corner building, and the buildings to the north and west of those parking lots. Would expect that the historic building at 460 King Street West would remain intact, given the restoration work previously undertaken by Allied, and that new development would be built in the parking lots around it, and possibly integrate the adjoining buildings.

Hugh's comments may be heard around the 14 minute mark of the conference call, archived on the Allied web site.

I'm not in the know on this one, YET.........so thanks @AHK

So........what I can add is limited........but.........

My understanding of Allied's holdings at this corner is shown below:

1627407659237.png

The approximate footprint of the highlighted area is 8847m2 / 95228ft2

The current parking lots by themselves are ~1800m2 / 19000ft2 and change

Heritage: All of the of Allied owned buildings fronting Adelaide are designated.

The King and Spadina fronting properties are only listed; but they are all listed.

Last edited:
I've given the footprint the once over, I've eyeballed what has windows and where, and what would likely be desirable to protect.
I don't know what Allied is doing..............but I'm pretty sure..........we'll have to see.
The footprint to me would be maximized by doing that now Allied staple trick of using stilts.
I would anticipate them leaving everything and going up on stilts over the parking and building a new box in the sky directly over that footprint and likely overhanging some of the other buildings.

Entirely speculation on my part.............

Very exciting! I love their work with the heritage restoration and incorporation around this area
Love the results! Can't happen soon enough
King West is gonna be even more lit!

I'm not in the know on this one, YET.........so thanks @AHK

So........what can I add is limited........but.........

My understanding of Allied's holdings at this corner is shown below:

View attachment 337536

The approximate footprint of the highlighted area is 8847m2 / 95228ft2

The current parking lots by themselves are ~1800m2 / 19000ft2 and change

Heritage: All of the of Allied owned buildings fronting Adelaide are designated.

The King and Spadina fronting properties are only listed; but they are all listed.
Bit too far north. The top three properties (96 Spadina, 379-387 Adelaide Street West) are part of The Bridge: https://urbantoronto.ca/database/projects/96-spadina

80-82 Spadina are also tied to that application by way of an above-grade bridge (if there were an interested tenant), but could also be in on this one.

Bit too far north. The top three properties (96 Spadina, 379-387 Adelaide Street West) are part of The Bridge: https://urbantoronto.ca/database/projects/96-spadina

80-82 Spadina are also tied to that application by way of an above-grade bridge (if there were an interested tenant), but could also be in on this one.

Based on that, however, my speculation as to what build will happen here in post #5 still seems reasonable, does it not?

As identified by @ProjectEnd ; when one accounts for a pre-existing project on the footprint of the buildings fronting Adelaide......

The following area would be available for any additional development:

1627410236743.png

At this point, that doesn't change my speculation, from post #5 as to what will likely happen here.

Based on that, however, my speculation as to what build will happen here in post #5 still seems reasonable, does it not?
Very much so, yes. And given that Shopify moved out of 80-82 Spadina last year, it would make sense given the vacancy. At the end of this day, this one has been gestating for awhile. It'll be interesting to see which plan Allied pursues.

Old thread for the corner building:

King Toronto 2 or OCAD 2, I'll take either! So excited for this already happening hood
The new and young Yorkville!

Back