PMT

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
4700 BATHURST ST
Ward 06 - North York District

Zoning By Law Amendment application to permit the proposal for a 9 storey midrise residential building.

Proposed Use ---​
# of Storeys ---​
# of Units ---​
Type​
Number​
Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
Rezoning​
20 187617 NNY 06 OZ​
Aug 31, 2020​
Application Received​

Currently the site of a National Council of Jewish Women of Canada building:

1599155463854.png

Why do residential uses require a landscape setback as well as “space for a private amenity” (?!)

I think that based on my perception of the location, this development is a little much. There's not much going for this part of Bathurst - no retail, fairly far from schools, right in between a river valley and single family homes. I think 5 or 6 storeys would really need to be the maximum, and it would be really nice to see the NCJW or another community organization have a presence in the new building.

Site Plan Approval submitted on December 3:

4700 BATHURST ST
Ward 6: York Centre

The site plan application proposes a nine-storey midrise residential condominium building with a total gross floor area of 10,466.44 square metres containing 142 residential units. Also refer to Zoning By-law Amendment application file no. 20 187617 NNY 06 OZ.

1640834356020.png

“It’s a beautiful neighbourhood, and the impact of the (proposed) condo will tarnish it,” said David Cohen, 59, a longtime resident of Carscadden Drive, southwest of Bathurst Street and Finch Avenue West.

Cohen was born and raised on Carscadden Drive and moved back to his childhood home 14 years ago. His mother is the original owner of the semi-detached home, which was built in 1959.

TORONTO STAR (2021) - https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/re...cle_ee58e528-cb7d-5236-8f7d-b92da0ee41be.html

-------

o_O Guy about to inherit a Toronto House, says what..??

“It’s a beautiful neighbourhood, and the impact of the (proposed) condo will tarnish it,” said David Cohen, 59, a longtime resident of Carscadden Drive, southwest of Bathurst Street and Finch Avenue West.

Cohen was born and raised on Carscadden Drive and moved back to his childhood home 14 years ago. His mother is the original owner of the semi-detached home, which was built in 1959.

TORONTO STAR (2021) - https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/re...cle_ee58e528-cb7d-5236-8f7d-b92da0ee41be.html

-------

o_O Guy about to inherit a Toronto House, says what..??

They yellow'ish colour is a very polarizing choice...............but the existing building is no looker. I wouldn't say the new build would tarnish anything, but it won't burnish much either.

I will never suggest another building in Toronto grey...............still, maybe something a bit less in your face would engender less hyperbole. (then again, maybe not) LOL

They yellow'ish colour is a very polarizing choice...............but the existing building is no looker. I wouldn't say the new build would tarnish anything, but it won't burnish much either.

I will never suggest another building in Toronto grey...............still, maybe something a bit less in your face would engender less hyperbole. (then again, maybe not) LOL
I can GUARANTEE nobody on the Change-dot-Org comments was saying anything about the COLOUR of the proposal...

1705293768420.png

1705293782752.png

1705293856212.png

1705293921259.png

Back