Hilarious .....

This will not help Yonge Street :( The street level looks like something you would find on a condo in Mississauga.

So the 52 storey tower on the north side of the street will have no setback from Alexander and this 65 storey tower on the south side of the street will have no setback from Alexander. Why is this is a good idea? Why should a tiny side street like Alexander be a canyon? Setbacks should be required on narrow side streets.

Toronto city planning is worthless. There should be zoning laws but it's the Wild West. Each building may be wonderful on its own but collectively they are not.

Beautiful looking high rise structures that don't look like boxes! It would have been nice if the back side was fronting Yonge St. That would create a small entrance to the buildings making some breathing space on Yonge St.

I like the back of the complex a lot, so I'd turn it around 180 degrees and have the large courtyard and sculpture, maybe a fountain even, with restaurants and cafes and lots of trees on Yonge St. I kind of agree that it's a boring base as-is on Yonge but I do like the volumes of the towers.

I was thinking the same thing, the rear seems like it should be fronting Yonge instead, it's much nicer than the front.

If possible this design could set a precedence on Yonge . Creating a U podium setbacks to leave room for small cafe gardens with trees and benches etc. This would widen Yonge St sidewalks for pedestrians street performers and venders. And alleviate the canyon look on the streets. Buildings with small lots can also create this U podium setback on the ground levels first few floors. Having outdoor garden cafes etc under the high rise building. A good example is the Tableau condo on Peter St.
This would make Yonge St a very green !! pedestrian street !!

Last edited:
I get the sense that courtyard is for automobiles, rather than actual people. I'd hate to see that use fronting Yonge street.

Back