My take is that KingSett do not expect this rezoning here to be a quick process: the Marriott will presumably remain open for several more years before the site is redeveloped.

They are taking the city to the OMB over the Yonge St HCD. Could be another reason they are delaying development of this property?

I thought they sold the project at Yonge and Gerard to Cresford. ?

Don't think so. Cresford is just their development partner. Again, Kingset invests in real estate and real estate development on behalf of their clients. They do not have their own real estate development/management company like OTPP has with Cadillac Fairview. They use partners.

Developments are getting so enormous that even a large condo developer would struggle to pull it off (perhaps even at one development at a time )without private equity partnerships.

Last edited:
Notice posted on building now.

P_20160603_132503.jpg

Attachments

• P_20160603_132503.jpg
    P_20160603_132503.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,820
Last edited:
Here's a more realistic rendering of that West facing elevation. (Can you tell I'm not very good with image editing sofware??)

473 yonge.jpg

Attachments

• 473 yonge.jpg
    473 yonge.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 1,333
Phew, the quadrangle design is much more elegant. The G+C design above looks so awkward and out dated. Like edmonton's idea of modern architecture. (Sorry Edmonton)

Would have been easier to just delete the new post showing the old renderings. Unless we now want these images in the thread for posterity, as well as potentially three new pages of new comments for old, never-to-be-realized renderings?

Is it an earlier version of this project ?
I hope is it .
It because in this version, the tallest tower is ugly.
Is it because the shape is vulgar and there is no harmony with the rest of that building .
Please tell me they did not redesigned it.
:eek:

Last edited:

Back