That looks interesting. Not sure if all the elements are in harmony with one another (an odd mix of right angles and luscious curves) bit I like how it meets the street.

Again, we have another generic, glass wall at street level. Now put a nail salon, dentist's office and a subway sandwich shop and tell me how that is going to make Yonge Street a shopping destination or even a decent place to walk? If this was the only development with a glass wall, in the area, it wouldn't be an issue but the reality is, it's happening on probably much more than 50% of new developments on Yonge Street. (if not more like 90%) I think it's going to take away any remaining charm or character on Yonge. I find those walls of glass to be cold and anything but animated. I say, stop this shit now, before it ruins the whole city.

Why can't developers give us attractive, stylish, animated storefronts on major streets? Is that really too much to ask? It should be a requirement of all highstreet development. People don't seem to realize how important the street level retail is, in creating a great walking city.

That looks interesting. Not sure if all the elements are in harmony with one another (an odd mix of right angles and luscious curves) bit I like how it meets the street.
So you like glass walls, with no decoration or design features at all?

Different people liking different things shocker

Different people liking different things shocker
Actually, yeah, it is kinda shocking that people would want the same generic design repeated over and over again. I just can't see people walking down Yonge Street in 30 years from now and saying I love how this street is lined with flat, generic glass windows!!! (almost all of them blocked with boxes or cheap plastic advertising) Have low expectations and don't be surprised when you end up with, well, what we are getting. (very, very generic!)

I'm not too thrilled about this one; kinda' screams Mississauga or Lakeshore condo to me... here's to hoping that it's just a zoning exercise.

It does look very Mississauga. Like the absolute towers meet aA's peter street. But I like that. The street level doesn't bother me... Perhaps because what is there now is a boring podium as well. The way the towers meet the street - book ending that little parkette is nice though and definitely not the same as every other project. Will look nice walking south down Yonge.

Again, we have another generic, glass wall at street level. Now put a nail salon, dentist's office and a subway sandwich shop and tell me how that is going to make Yonge Street a shopping destination or even a decent place to walk? If this was the only development with a glass wall, in the area, it wouldn't be an issue but the reality is, it's happening on probably much more than 50% of new developments on Yonge Street. (if not more like 90%) I think it's going to take away any remaining charm or character on Yonge. I find those walls of glass to be cold and anything but animated. I say, stop this shit now, before it ruins the whole city.

Why can't developers give us attractive, stylish, animated storefronts on major streets? Is that really too much to ask? It should be a requirement of all highstreet development. People don't seem to realize how important the street level retail is, in creating a great walking city.

I understand what you are saying but retail destinations and/or high streets consist of retail buildings or situations where retail isn't just a secondary use filling some ground floor space of an over sized podium. Adding some texture or separate storefronts (note the divided space of the leases may not match up) won't make that much a difference. Just visit some of these big box malls or lifestyle centres springing up. Unfotunately, Yonge is now destined to be a residential Bay Street.

bland and incoherent. Towers are ubiquitous Kirkor quality; Madison on Eglinton and not Absolute. Definitely gives me the feeling of a zoning exercise.

Improvement on what is there now, but that's not saying much :confused:

There are some elements of this very early proposal that people wont like (myself included), but I would gladly take this over another YC Condo, or a Casa I, II, III.

I like the back of the complex a lot, so I'd turn it around 180 degrees and have the large courtyard and sculpture, maybe a fountain even, with restaurants and cafes and lots of trees on Yonge St. I kind of agree that it's a boring base as-is on Yonge but I do like the volumes of the towers.

Back