I'm concerned about that too. It doesn't make sense to me that, at a time when City Council is reining in Air B'n'B somewhat, that about 500 hotel rooms are proposed to be removed from the site. I know that both the Pride Committee and Councillor Wong Tam's office are concerned about the loss of hotel facilities in the area as they will hurt Pride's ability to host many events (let alone accommodate people coming to the city then and at other times).

...the same councillor who penned a public letter last year asking for a freeze on new developments along this very stretch?

KWT catches a whole lot of unnecessary flack for a whole host of terrible (often hateful) reasons, but I think there are legitimate reasons to call into question her record on real estate development issues.

The design reminds me of Pyongyang.

pyongyang-city.jpg

*Source

Last edited by a moderator:
So Pyongyang builds better design condos than Toronto?
I think what you mean is: "there are a few apartment buildings in Pyongyang that some might think look slightly better than the absolute worst Toronto has to offer, but only on the outside"

Those few buildings in that picture are for that country's elite, so consider that where we have Norman Foster and Frank Gehry designing our high end condos, they have whoever the hell designed that crap.

This project is looking awfully similar to the Madison complex at Yonge-Eglinton. A very alarming aspect, especially at the podium level. These giant overbearing podiums are going to really change the feel of downtown yonge street for the worst..

This project is looking awfully similar to the Madison complex at Yonge-Eglinton. A very alarming aspect, especially at the podium level. These giant overbearing podiums are going to really change the feel of downtown yonge street for the worst..

You can't really say that what's on this site now is a winner either. I don't love block-size podiums but it's hard to say that this will make this stretch of Yonge worse.

Can you stop bumping threads? If there's information, either you won't hear anything because it's not for public consumption, or it will be posted.

I have to edit and update every proposed on website

Hey, just because there has been no movement on a thread doesn't necessarily mean it's been cancelled as you have stated here and other threads
...also not i good idea to bring back dormant threads when you have no information, people here will usually post immediate as new information comes in.

Back