no it's just so boring hearing people complain about a&w's and rexalls. There are 8 a&w locations in spadina / fort york with a population of 115,510 (in 2016) which means there is one a&w per 14438.75 people which seems pretty normal? Clearly people go to them because they wouldn't open them if they were going to sit empty.

Sure, there are lots of pot shops, but complaining about a&w's and rexalls is just such a tired take.

no it's just so boring hearing people complain about a&w's and rexalls. There are 8 a&w locations in spadina / fort york with a population of 115,510 (in 2016) which means there is one a&w per 14438.75 people which seems pretty normal? Clearly people go to them because they wouldn't open them if they were going to sit empty.

Sure, there are lots of pot shops, but complaining about a&w's and rexalls is just such a tired take.

LOL 😆

I’ve quoted Prince Charles “a carbuncle on the face of an old friend” in the Dominion Bldg on Front thread. These buildings deserve more than that as well. What’s next???…..a green glass pencil tower sprouting from the top of the Royal York Hotel or perhaps a shiny glass addition on top of Commerce Court North?! I had a grade one student who was a bit of a holy terror…one day he wore a tshirt that said…”I’M THE REASON WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS”…I’d like to buy one of those shirts for every member of our so-called DRC if they approve anything that jeopardizes the historical integrity of these DEAR old “friends”!!!

258 condos in application sounds like these buildings are not going to be touched but perversely abused. Shouldn't these have heritage status? Losing the Irish Embassy Pub just adds insult to injury...
This city couldn't be bothered to save the only gay club we had. They have no interest in preserving any nightlife (gay or straight) if it stands in the way of making developers richer. The people we have in charge think chain restaurants are a fun night out.

I’ve quoted Prince Charles “a carbuncle on the face of an old friend” in the Dominion Bldg on Front thread. These buildings deserve more than that as well. What’s next???…..a green glass pencil tower sprouting from the top of the Royal York Hotel or perhaps a shiny glass addition on top of Commerce Court North?! I had a grade one student who was a bit of a holy terror…one day he wore a tshirt that said…”I’M THE REASON WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS”…I’d like to buy one of those shirts for every member of our so-called DRC if they approve anything that jeopardizes the historical integrity of these DEAR old “friends”!!!
The DRP neither approves nor blocks projects, they have not been given that power. The panel reviews designs (hence their name) and developers can decide which pieces of advice to take or not.

The DRP neither approves nor blocks projects, they have not been given that power. The panel reviews designs (hence their name) and developers can decide which pieces of advice to take or not.

Thanks for the info Interchange. I wasn’t aware of that. 🙂

The original Mies TD Bank tower should be re-clad in tan EIFS and grey spandrel.

Zoning App in for this 2-building site at the N/E corner of Yonge and Wellington.

View attachment 361698

Link: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=nJzZUrLdaQxV5hxfU7e0Xw==

Streetview Pic:

View attachment 361697
Project description now available:
Zoning by-law amendment application for a 60-storey mixed-use building having a non-residential gross floor area of 1701 square metres and a residential gross floor area of 20320 square metres. A total of 258 dwelling units are proposed.

Back