Unless something has happen in the last 2 weeks, still dead in the water.

The current project is the wrong project for the site, but how many more plans have to surface for something to be built on the site??

My read is that until there is an ruling by the OMB, the current plan is on hold or DOA.

With the plan on hold, some deposited will be given back.

As for building tower for the current area, they would have to be in the mid rise range done in phases as there is no way you can built the whole site at once given the track record for the land in the first place., Taller towers would be more toward Hurontario.

By the looks of things, that strip plaza to the east of the site on Dundas only is being remodel and upscale.
Well if the Milton line is indeed upgraded for more go frequency I hope this area can see significant redevelopment.

Well if the Milton line is indeed upgraded for more go frequency I hope this area can see significant redevelopment.
One should be hope full with both the Milton Line to be upgrade and the construction of the Hurontario LRT Line, but many projects have come and gone so far. The retired ward councilor always refer the area as downtown Mississauga than the so call plan Square One. I know of 7 projects plan for the area with 2 that has change hands many times and still DOA. This is a 3rd one. One under construction.

One should be hope full with both the Milton Line to be upgrade and the construction of the Hurontario LRT Line, but many projects have come and gone so far. The retired ward councilor always refer the area as downtown Mississauga than the so call plan Square One. I know of 7 projects plan for the area with 2 that has change hands many times and still DOA. This is a 3rd one. One under construction.
I don’t see how this is not a better location than say eglinton and hurontario which keeps seeing projects announced.

I get that the area has been neglected which means for some people they will have to see others invest before they go in but still the area could have a Dundas brt, a Hurontario lrt and a go stop.

I don't write comments, but I've been walking and driving past this lot for over a decade, and I still do not know what's happening. I live nearby and thus I've witnessed the sales and "construction" firsthand. The plan was for overpriced townhouses which sadly was a waste of a great location. That was over 6 or so years ago. There was some movement last year with digging the basements, but now it's just an empty lot.
I do not waste to ask for anymore more than "what's going on here?".
I

I don't write comments, but I've been walking and driving past this lot for over a decade, and I still do not know what's happening. I live nearby and thus I've witnessed the sales and "construction" firsthand. The plan was for overpriced townhouses which sadly was a waste of a great location. That was over 6 or so years ago. There was some movement last year with digging the basements, but now it's just an empty lot.
I do not waste to ask for anymore more than "what's going on here?".
I
I suspect part of the reason for the delay here is that the developer (Conservatory Group) has been ordered to be sold off, as the brothers that inherited the company after the father passed away have created a dysfunctional and untenable work environment. I am very hopeful that new ownership can bring a better development proposal for this site, as I agree that townhouses are a waste for this location.

I suspect part of the reason for the delay here is that the developer (Conservatory Group) has been ordered to be sold off, as the brothers that inherited the company after the father passed away have created a dysfunctional and untenable work environment. I am very hopeful that new ownership can bring a better development proposal for this site, as I agree that townhouses are a waste for this location.
Thank you

Woah, I had missed this! That's correct!

Conservatory have at least two projects under construction at the moment; Pearl Place Condos in North York which is proceeding at a normal pace, and Water's Edge at the Cove in Etobicoke which is moving rather slowly. Do I assume as the parent company's modus operandi was to create a company to build each project that those two have solid financing behind them and are not in jeopardy? Like I said, Water's Edge is proceeding very slowly, so I wonder…

I don't see any reports in how the sale is proceeding since the June 30th ruling noted in the Star article above, and the Lexicology article doesn't shed any more light on how long this process can be expected to take. Anyone know more or can relate similar experiences into a range of possibilities?

Ahhh, this is finally public. It's been an absolute disaster for a couple of years now, hence the shutdown of all sites. The company is three brothers who all handle different aspects (one brother is high rise, the other is low rise, the third is customer care, etc.) and they all hate each other. It was therefore very curious when the 15 Duncan resubmission went in a couple of months ago...

May 23
DJI_0992.JPG

I've added it to the list for the weekend. On my last flight there back in early April I noticed the trailer had been badly burned.
Thanks for the clarification. I saw the burned sales centre and mistakenly assumed it was related to the news story I referenced.

Given the homeless using the sale office as a home for years, not surprised that it hasn't happen before now.

Up until the LRT was approved and being built, trying to get something built on those lands has been a complete failure. Even this plan is a failure and with all the infighting in the family, it has die and should be sold to someone willing to put something a lot better to support the LRT as well add more density than plan.

That whole block is calling for redevelopment with retail being relocated to areas as new developments take place in phases

Back