New docs posted January 29.

1580585470777.png

One could argue why the hell this isn't taller given that it is right next to a subway station, like what are they concerned about, shadowing on the rail tracks? But at the same time it fits appropriately in the established context south of Wilson.

Doesn't seem like there is an eastern entrance to the station being planned.

One could argue why the hell this isn't taller given that it is right next to a subway station, like what are they concerned about, shadowing on the rail tracks? But at the same time it fits appropriately in the established context south of Wilson.

Doesn't seem like there is an eastern entrance to the station being planned.

The airport restricts the height of development in this area.

There is already an eastern entrance to the station here, two really. One on Wilson Ave under the station, and the other under the Allen to the East of it.

The airport restricts the height of development in this area.

There is already an eastern entrance to the station here, two really. One on Wilson Ave under the station, and the other under the Allen to the East of it.
Oh right, how silly of me to forget about the airport. Though Downsview is set to eventually be decommissioned and redeveloped, which does beg the question of why we aren't holding off from developing this site other than the obvious that it is a quick and easy win for the mayor.

I'll take your word for it on the station entrances question. Wilson is not a station I frequent, and I couldn't find the other entrances on google streetview. Hopefully this development makes approaching Wilson Station from the east more aesthetically appealing.

I'll take your word for it on the station entrances question. Wilson is not a station I frequent, and I couldn't find the other entrances on google streetview. Hopefully this development makes approaching Wilson Station from the east more aesthetically appealing.

North Eastern Entrance.

North Wilson Entrance

There are also additional entrances on the North West, South West, South East and South.

From a Nov. 20 report prepared by CreateTO's Vice President of Development: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2020.RA19.5#

50 Wilson Heights Boulevard

The selection of the preferred bidder for 50 Wilson Heights Boulevard has been approved by the Deputy City Manager, Corporate Services and the Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer. The Zoning by-law amendment and draft plan of subdivision conditions were approved by City Council at its February 26, 2020 meeting and the Zoning By-law is in force. Due diligence conditions have been waived by the preferred proponent. The preferred proponent is preparing Site Plan Application materials for submission to City Planning prior to the end of the year. Final Transaction terms are with the CreateTO board for consideration (at this meeting/agenda item #RA19.**). .

Some other notable updates:
  • Construction is currently forecast to begin Q1 2022

Sure, it may not be optimal, but this has easily been the best outcome of any of the Round 1 sites. It's not even close too, given it's Filion.

Right you are, my bad. If anything, even worse...Thanks @Justatorontonian.
I was at the deputation for this project in February and it was a joy to watch Mark Richardson from HousingNowTO.com rip Pasternak over postponing the construction because the loss of parking spots. But I don't fault you for associating delays with Filion's jurisdiction, he has been known to drag his feet on some projects in the ward.

The eight-acre site at 50 Wilson Heights Blvd. is directly adjacent to the Wilson Subway Station, at the northwest corner of Wilson Avenue and Wilson Heights Boulevard, and is planned to include 1,484 residential homes, comprising:

• 520 market rental homes
  • 520 affordable rental homes
  • 444 market condominiums
The development will include a new park, commercial/retail uses, a child care centre, new public streets, improvements to the public realm and a community space for non-profit organizations.

Back