Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
A proposed 6-storey residential building designed by KNYMH for A-Game Investments on the northwest corner of King Street East and Steven Street in Hamilton's Landsdale neighbourhood (along the future Hamilton LRT corridor). 102 units, 64 parking spaces.

Just one render from the Urban Design Brief of December 2021:
p27_1936.jpg

So that would be this site:

1662129989619.png

This next shot is looking east along King:

1662130047135.png

There's certainly some residential character here at grade, but also some retail. I think I would like to see retail at the base of this one.

I've heard that the building that hosted Rebel's Rock will be incorporated into a new plan for this site. I suspect many proposals like this one along the LRT corridor and in the lower city are awaiting actual construction of the LRT to ensure return kn their investment and perhaps the new zoning permissions that will allow this to be resubmitted with less or no parking included.

I'd love to see this incorporate the heritage building and then go a bit taller with less parking on the eastern portion of the site. Perhaps some retail would be nice because I always hope for retail units.

Those are definitely residential at street level.

Question: How does the City expect the B-Line corridor become more walkable if there’s nothing to walk to?!
I'm hoping (and I plan to push for) that when the LRT TOC zoning comes up for review we see significant changes that include the requirement to include commercial space at ground floor.

Seems kind of pointless to have all this density along an LRT corridor and it's all just residential with no services, amenities or destinations along the entire corridor as it's redeveloped.

Two injured in King Street East fire

Hamilton firefighters rescued a person from the second floor of 537 King St. E. early Monday. They were taken to hospital in critical condition.

Nicole O'Reilly TheSpec.com Monday, April 8, 2024

Two people were taken to hospital, including one in critical condition, following a fire on King Street East early Monday.

Emergency services were called to 537 King St. E., between Tisdale Street North and Steven Street, shortly before 1:30 a.m. for a structure fire, Hamilton Fire Chief Dave Cunliffe said in a news release.

The first crews that arrived reported smoke and fire from the first and second floors of the three-storey brick residence, which formerly housed Rebel’s Rock Irish Pub.

Cunliffe said the fire was quickly brought under control and damages are estimated at around $25,000.

The Office of the Fire Marshall has been notified due to the severity of injuries.

https://www.thespec.com/news/hamilto...94a538083.html

yikes..

how much you wanna bet they now redesign this proposal with this building demolished...

It was only $25000 in damage so it's not in significant risk. A windows broken, and smoke damage. Pretty minor in the grand scheme.
Hmm here's hoping no structural - they woulda gutted it anyways so yeah.. thank goodness!

Back