honestly no one knows. could be this spring that the city gives approval. could tell the developer to go back and redesign which will take a few more years.

as for the noise, depends on how far away from the site your unit is, if it's facing east toward it, it could get loud sometimes, but if you're on the west side of the building you won't hear it at all

Having lived in the area for a number of years, I can tell you that there is plenty of noise from a variety of sources to keep you entertained 😁

New renderings are updated in the database! Even the overall project information is also updated. The overall building storey counts changed from 22, 12 & 6 storeys to 21, 14 & 6 storeys. The overall building heights changed from 75.8m, 46.20m, 29.05m to 72.75m, 50.0m, 23.05m. The overall unit count changed from 409 units to 412 units. Finally, the total 145 parking spaces to 146 parking spaces.

The renderings are taken from the architectural plan via Rezoning Application:

PLN - Architectural Plans - DEC 31  2021-1.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - DEC 31  2021-135.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - DEC 31  2021-144.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - DEC 31  2021-145.jpg

New renderings are updated in the database! Even the overall project information is also updated. The overall building storey counts changed from 22, 12 & 6 storeys to 21, 14 & 6 storeys. The overall building heights changed from 75.8m, 46.20m, 29.05m to 72.75m, 50.0m, 23.05m. The overall unit count changed from 409 units to 412 units. Finally, the total 145 parking spaces to 146 parking spaces.

The renderings are taken from the architectural plan via Rezoning Application:

View attachment 385647

View attachment 385648

View attachment 385649

View attachment 385650
I like the wood grain roads in the rendering....must be what the Section 37 money is going to

Last edited:
And this one is headed to Approval with a Final Report heading to the next TEYCC meeting:

Quick summary of what made it other end of the sausage-making process:

View attachment 390896

Section 37 here will be of interest to @HousingNowTO

View attachment 390897
Joe Cressy "got it" on Affordable Housing - and was willing to make smart Section-37 deals that make a difference on these projects.

Taking $3.5-MILLION in Section-37 out of 545 Lake Shore West to support the new Affordable Housing development at 150 Queens Wharf - a 5-minute walk away.

Hopefully, other Councillors learn the lessons of his examples -

New renderings are updated in the database. The only project information changed from 23.05m to 30.40m.

Renderings are taken from the architectural plan via Site Plan Approval:

PLN - Architectural Plans - JUL 8  2022-1.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - JUL 8  2022-1984.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - JUL 8  2022-1985.jpg

So..... @DSC sent me down a rabbit hole for something not related to this site............and in the process of reviewing a community group's meeting minutes, I found something about this site that got my attention.

Candarel intending to sever it into 2 parcels under different ownership.

So then I came to this thread..........and saw @Art Tsai 's summer updates..........and went to the AIC.............and lo and behold...........in the Cover Letter for those updates:

1664047114850.png
'

So then I went and found this C of A application:

1664047268786.png

From whence we find this:

1664047348518.png

And this:

1664047418587.png

Last edited:

545 Lake Shore Blvd. W.

Canderel had been working with City of Toronto officials for quite a while on the design elements of a proposed mixed-use development of a 1.8-acre site at 545 Lake Shore Blvd. W., just inside the western end of Queens Quay.

Approval was granted in July to move forward with 21- and 14-storey condos connected by a podium on the south side of the site where a parking lot currently exists. They’ll have approximately 420 units in total.

An existing Art Deco building on the site was given heritage status by the city and will be retained. It was formerly used for television studios and Rogers Media office space before the site was sold to Canderel in 2017.

Homes First is currently operating the building as a homeless shelter, but Canderel controls its destiny and Rogowski said it would function as office space when the condos are built.

“We could start sales in early 2023, but we want to make sure all of our ducks are in a row and that the timing is perfect,” said Rogowski.

The tower is bad, but the pedestrian engagement looks like they're at least trying. It will come down to the tenant mix whether this block comes alive or not. Hopefully we won't get the standard Toronto Condo Retailer's Delight mix of Shoppers/Rexall, dentist, and bank branch.

This level of density should be proposed more pervasively in the city though, it's a very friendly height. Not overly tall as to compromise resident experience but still makes proper use of the parcel. Definitely needs to be executed better though...

Back