I'm looking forwad to this development. There are so much potential in this area for some great developments.

Really?

3387446817_f4d4afe926.jpg

How do you feel about it now?

Actually, I think that urbandreamer is saying that this is a Vancouvery building, specifically a Yaletown one... and that he doesn't like the typical Yaletown building. UD: wanna pick one Yaletowner as the prototypical example for us? If it looks like this one, it could be good for a laugh.

I'm sorry, but I cannot entirely agree with that.

danielsoneparktower.jpg
danielschicagocondos.jpg

I really feel that this architecture is in its own category of blah.

Haha I agree with you on the blah architecture but oddly enough you chose the only 2, other than Absolute World, in mississauga that actually try to look different. In my opinion there are more than a handful of much more blah buildings in the mississauga centre than these two, but I see your point.

As for this tower, I'm all for density but I personally think this one is unnecessary. And quite hideous as well.
Is the proposal for the L shaped lot that fronts onto King and on Blue Jays Way (339 King West? and 101 Blue Jays Way?) still in the works. From what I remember seeing it was much more better looking, so hopefully it will totally overshadow this forgettable, uninspired mountain of zzzzzzz. Sorry I fell asleep while looking at the rendering of it.

Last edited:
I don't find it particularily Yaletown at all. Far too much glass and the setbacks are all wrong. This thing looks more Vancouverism Calgary style.

This has been dormant for over a year...but according to DCN, they are preparing plans

CONDOMINIUM APARTMENT, RETAIL BUILDING
Proj: 9056268-14
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON
PREPARING PLANS
99 Blue Jays Way, 41 Peter St, Blue Jays Way and Mercer St, M5V 9G9
$36,300,000 est
Note Preliminary drawings are complete. Rezoning has been approved. Working drawings schedule has not been determined. Further update early spring 2012.
Projectproposed construction of a 309-unit condominium apartment building with a six and eight-storey podium and retail on the first and second floors. There will be approx 290,711 sq ft of residential space, approx 10,753 sq ft of commercial space, 101 vehicle parking spots and 200 bicycle parking spots.
Scope:..312,600 square feet; 40 storeys; 309 units; parking for 101 cars
Development:..New
Category:....Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services

yey, I'm happy this isn't going ahead ... there is way more then 10K worth of retail space today (how much they are proposing to include in the development) in the giant bar / restaurant ... and we're much better served by that then a condo at this location.

The Second City area at the back of the building along Mercer recently got a new brick skin.

IMG_4727.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4727.jpg
    IMG_4727.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,482
I watched them put this up over the last week. Kind of confused why they went through the effort of making those 3 windows... then bricking them up.

Back