7E146D41-4279-448A-B172-9450D57FCCDA.jpeg

Feels like it was just yesterday that Wayne Gretzky's existed and now they've dug the giant hole and are already starting to build in it. I can't tell if this is staggeringly fast progress on the site or it's just pandemic timewarp influencing me. I think it's definitely been going fast though. Some projects take forever just to get the hole dug or stay in the ground for eons.

Last edited:
Feels like it was just yesterday that Wayne Gretzky's existed and now they've dug the giant hole and are already starting to build in it. I can't tell if this is staggeringly fast progress on the site or it's just pandemic timewarp influencing me. I think it's definitely be going fast though. Some projects take forever just to get the hole dug or stay in the ground for eons.
It's what Centrecourt is known for!

It's what Centrecourt is known for!

We were walking up Blue Jays Way recently, and I said to my wife that the rate of progress at 55 Mercer was an interesting comparison to Nobu, the building next door, which had started two years earlier. (Looked it up - demolition at Nobu started mid-August, 2018, and at 55 Mercer in mid-December 2020.)

Just as I finished my comment, one of the construction management staff (white hard hat) for 55 Mercer who was walking by turned and said to us 'And we will be finished before them too'.

Last edited:
Nobu has heritage facade components so I'm sure it added time to the project
Also, CC isn't really known for quality of units so I'm not sure if going fast to meet timelines has anything to do with it
But from our perspective it's great that it's moving fast

We were walking up Blue Jays Way recently, and I said to my wife that the rate of progress at 55 Mercer was an interesting comparison to Nobu, the building next door, which had started two years earlier. (Looked it up - demolition at Nobu started mid-August, 2018, and at 55 Mercer in mid-December 2020.)

Just as I finished my comment, one of the construction management staff (white hard hat) for 55 Mercer who was walking by turned and said to us 'And we will be finished before them too'.

That's a good mic drop moment at the end. ;)

Back