Just take off the roof. Smaller ROCP.
Thanks, I couldn't put my finger on it, but that's what it reminds me of. Same complaint with much-hated RoCP, of course.

It's kind of a cross between the earlier Pinnacle Centre condos and RoCP, both of which are unspectacular. Worse, it's about to be surrounded by some very interesting entertainment district condos, so it'll look all the more boring and out-of-place.

Last edited:
Does anybody know what will happen to Second City? Could they move to the former Diesel?

This was brought up at the meeting last night. Currently there are no plans to move Second City into the new building. They have some space, but would like to dedicate it to offices rather than theatre.

Did anyone who attended the meeting catch...

- who the uninspired developer is?
- which d-list architectural firm is d-signing this?
- how many storeys of this rubbish they want to foist on us? I can't tell from the render (and you can never really trust renders anyway) whether they're showing 39 or 40 storeys.

Did anyone who attended the meeting catch...

- who the uninspired developer is?
- which d-list architectural firm is d-signing this?
- how many storeys of this rubbish they want to foist on us? I can't tell from the render (and you can never really trust renders anyway) whether they're showing 39 or 40 storeys.

Uninspired developer: unknown
D-List firm: Sedun Kanerva
Number of stories: 40 (136m) and 4 levels of parking

City Planning Preliminary Report

For consideration by Toronto and East York Community Council on Sept 15/09:

This application proposes to amend the former City of Toronto Zoning By-law 438-86 to permit the development of a 40-storey mixed-use building, comprised of 309 residential units and commercial uses at grade located at 99 Blue Jays Way, where the Wayne Gretzky’s Restaurant is presently operating.

This report provides preliminary information on the above-noted application and seeks Community Council's directions on further processing of the applications and on the community consultation process.

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2009/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-21992.pdf

So this would mean bye-bye Gretzky's forever? Or would they relocate or get space in the new building?

Meeting about 99 Blue Jays Way, Sep 29

http://www.adamvaughan.ca/events_article.php?article=443

Meeting about 224 King St W and 99 Blue Jays Way
Share on Facebook
Date: September 29 2009
Time: 7:00 - 9:00 pm

The City of Toronto, City Planning division is hosting this meeting to present plans and receive feedback about two development applications in the King-Spadina area.

Date: Tuesday, September 29
Time: 7:00 – 9:00 pm

The two development projects being considered are 224 King St W (which will be presented first, at 7:00 pm), and 99 Blue Jays Way (which will be presented at 8:00 pm).

224 King St W is located on the north side of King St W, between Simcoe St and Duncan St, immediately to the east of the Royal Alexandra Theatre. It is currently being used as a parking lot. A 45-storey residential building with commercial uses at grade and a courtyard along King St W is proposed.

99 Blue Jays Way is located on the south-east corner of Blue Jays Way and Mercer St, and is currently occupied by Wayne Gretzky’s Restaurant. A 40-storey mixed-use building with commercial uses at grade is proposed.

Specs:

A 40 story mixed-use building (136 metres) with mechanical uses on floors 40 and 41 consisting of residential dwelling units on floors 3 to 40, and commercial and office uses on the 1st and 2nd floors.

The 309 unit breakdown consists of:
  • 28 studio
  • 164 one-bedroom
  • 86 two-bedroom
  • 31 three-bedroom

• 213 vehicle parking spaces (19 visitor, 2 non-residential, and 192 resident parking spaces)
  • 200 bicycle parking spaces are proposed

I'm looking forwad to this development. There are so much potential in this area for some great developments.

Back