PMT

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
5509 DUNDAS ST W
Ward 05 - Etob. York District

►View All Properties

Proposal for a mid-rise building on a vacant lot. The proposed building is 12 storeys with 110 residential units and retail at grade.
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys 0 # of Units ---

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 18 133602 WET 05 OZ Mar 23, 2018 Under Review

Contessa link: http://contessadevelopments.com/
Alture Properties link: http://altureproperties.com/desirable-homes/#ontario

upload_2018-3-24_8-56-18.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-24_8-56-18.png
    upload_2018-3-24_8-56-18.png
    201.6 KB · Views: 3,082
This one already looks like it's going to be horrid. They better re-think the street level, along with the balconies and massing.

Did they tear down the Esso station on that property? Been a while since I have driven that stretch of Dundas.

I believe this is on the south side, across the street from the Esso station, where the car dealership is.

This squeezes in between the two car dealerships just west of Shorncliffe.

Database file updated with the new rendering including a close-up of the sawtooth facade detail.

This one has slipped by me.

I think this is the first significant project on the Dundas West corridor at Shorncliffe. First of many I am sure.

Hopefully if the Bloor line is ever extended from Kipling, that a station at Shorncliffe is added.

Wouldn't a station be closer to East Mall? Shorncliffe is too close to Kipling. Would still be close tho!

Wouldn't a station be closer to East Mall? Shorncliffe is too close to Kipling. Would still be close tho!
Why not both?

Kipling to Shorncliffe = 950m
Shorncliffe to East Mall = 760m

If following the rail corridor. Perfectly fine stop spacing. Besides, a station at East Mall is too far away from Dundas and Shorncliffe intersection to be useful there. That would be a 1.11km walk.

Back