Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
New application in at AIC:

1619252632762.png

'

* note; after looking at 'View All Properties' this site is also 562 and 564 Kingston Road.

So 558-564 inclusive.

Last edited:
Docs are up:

1619875705692.png

Q Architects

1619875837166.png

From the Planning Rationale Report.... ( I wonder if that property to the west ends up stranded)

1619876052067.png

The rendering doesn't wow............LOL

Looking at the landscape plan, there are no trees proposed for the Kingston Road frontage.

While that does seem to be consistent with a lot of the adjacent buildings, I don't understand the City accepting that.

Docs are up:

View attachment 316340

Q Architects

View attachment 316342

From the Planning Rationale Report.... ( I wonder if that property to the west ends up stranded)

View attachment 316343

The rendering doesn't wow............LOL

Looking at the landscape plan, there are no trees proposed for the Kingston Road frontage.

While that does seem to be consistent with a lot of the adjacent buildings, I don't understand the City accepting that.
The rendering is incredibly basic, we're just at the rezoning stage. Go to the Landscaping doc and you'll see that the eastern third of the front is proposed to be planted with lines of Honeysuckle, Canadian Yew, and Teeny Dwarf Mugo Pines. All small. (The middle third is paved in concrete around the main doors and emergency exit staircases, the western third is paved garage access.) One Kentucky Coffee Tree for the back atop the slope (with the vegetation on the slope itself protected during construction).

The rendering is incredibly basic, we're just at the rezoning stage. Go to the Landscaping doc and you'll see that the eastern third of the front is proposed to be planted with lines of Honeysuckle, Canadian Yew, and Teeny Dwarf Mugo Pines. All small. (The middle third is paved in concrete around the main doors and emergency exit staircases, the western third is paved garage access.) One Kentucky Coffee Tree for the back atop the slope (with the vegetation on the slope itself protected during construction).

I read the drawings.

Excepting the Kentucky Coffee Tree, which as you note is at the rear of the property, there are no trees.

Typically, on major roads, the City is insisting on street trees (and appropriately wide sidewalks); that doesn't seem to be the case on this segment of Kingston Road.

An overbearing design. The renderings show everything too smoothed out to be believable exactly, but something finished akin to this would not fair any better in the real world: the thing looks like a forbidding bulwark that only takes from its location, giving back nothing other than hostility. No thanks.

No new renderings updated. The storey count changed from 7 storey to 8 storey. height changed from 27.90m to 30.54m. Total units changed from 33 units to 57 units. Finally, the total car parking reduced from 35 car parking to 23 car parking.

Back