Wow, that sounds like a lot of issues; surprised they went ahead and started digging before these things were approved. I was under the impression that maybe they were stalling given the financial situation these days with high mortgage rates, etc. Or is it common to apply for different permits while in the process of constructing, and that the various permits don't all come at once?

Generally (but not always), new building permits are applied for as a batch. However, they are typically processed in a certain order.

Because it can take a lot of time to iron out issues with a large new building, and developers offer incur interest and other costs while waiting......

Drain and Site Service permits and partial/full shoring permits generally come first.

STR permits typically come next, often broken out to cover up to grade, vs above grade.

All remaining permits as they pertain to a new build are generally issued together, so that above-grade work and all trades have approval to move ahead at the same time.

Some builders are better than others at getting these lined up a in a timely way.

It is somewhat less common to see a builder stalled out at the bottom of a pit or at top of one due to lack of permits, but it definitely happens from time to time.

One can't rule out that the market may be impacting the timeliness with which permit deficiencies are being addressed, but that's not a given at all, we just don't know.

Just shy of 3 weeks later, no action here, and none of the requisite permits either....... Photo taken February 9th, 2024.

DSC03088.jpg

As this site is within the fiefdom of @DavidCapizzano I think he should investigate the delay! LOL

I was by here today, March 25th, 2024, and took a couple of pics.

At first blush, the pit didn't seem markedly improved.........

DSC03249.jpg

But there was equipment on site, and an open gate, and it turns out, even a couple crew doing some 'stuff', just to the south of the pit.

DSC03250.jpg

Still no permits in place to start rising.

Back