Nope.

You never know what will come of this: City Council authorize City staff to continue discussions with the applicant on a revised proposal, including a settlement at the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal.
:(

...then perhaps this will be a chance that they'll get the design right 3rd time to bat I guess.

Was there an LPAT hearing for this recently? Can't see any on record atm
As recorded at https://olt.gov.on.ca/tribunals/lpat/e-status/ a status hearing last took place on May 5, 2020 via telephone conference. There was a decision and order, which was linked elsewhere on the site, related to another application at 31A Parliament Street. That document is here, and it says essentially that the parties need to continue to work together to satisfy the conditions set out by a previous order. Unless I'm missing something, it seems that 15 months later, they haven't yet got it done.

As recorded at https://olt.gov.on.ca/tribunals/lpat/e-status/ a status hearing last took place on May 5, 2020 via telephone conference. There was a decision and order, which was linked elsewhere on the site, related to another application at 31A Parliament Street. That document is here, and it says essentially that the parties need to continue to work together to satisfy the conditions set out by a previous order. Unless I'm missing something, it seems that 15 months later, they haven't yet got it done.

That is related to the 2015 appeal. The 2020 appeal is under a different file number. Apparently the hearing started on July 12 of this year. I think this decision could go either way.

LPAT has just approved this proposal on appeal.
unnamed.png

This building will look real nice when completed for this area! The punctured window look with its thick cladding around it. Makes the tower blend in with elegant antique rustic podium below . As seen in the box on the very top of the page.

This building will look real nice when completed for this area! The punctured window look with its thick cladding around it. Makes the tower blend in with elegant antique rustic podium below . As seen in the box on the very top of the page.
Blend? It's a complete contrast in terms of materials that, in my opinion, doesn't work at all. The previous proposal (even if it had been extended to 30s) was infinitely more sensitive to the industrial context. The look of the new building is garbage and could fit in anywhere (except the Distillery).

Yes they could improve things Mcornett but anything goes nowadays. And I'm just happy there using earth tone colours and more cladding for this facade in this area. I'm sick of the blue, green, black and white all glass facades. The is starting to have metallic look in the downtown skyline!

Design wise I’d hope for the best, expect meh, but all in all just want to see something get started sooner than later. In two years, this neighbourhood is gonna be filling in and it would be nice for the construction zones to overlap.

Yes they could improve things Mcornett but anything goes nowadays. And I'm just happy there using earth tone colours and more cladding for this facade in this area. I'm sick of the blue, green, black and white all glass facades. The is starting to have metallic look in the downtown skyline!
You know our city is full of crap buildings when "it could be better, but at least it isn't just more grey spandrel" is a valid point 😅

Back