TJ O'Pootertoot

Member Bio
Reaction score
Also notice, many Development Application were Official Submitted very recently here,... why? This area of Yonge Street North is subject to the new Inclusionary Zoning Policy starting this September,.... so now the race is on!!!
View attachment 377233

Actually, that's not necessarily the case as the date for IZ is the later of Sept OR the Minister approving an MTSA. As of now, Toronto hasn't shown delineations for Steeles or Cummer so seems unlikely to happen by then (though developers might not be hedging their bets).

I've mentioned this on the YNSE thread too but the forthcoming Secondary Plan for this area and inevitable up zoning, along with finally some certainty about the subway, timing, are likely bigger factors.

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
Another project by Republic Developments:

repub.jpg
repub2.jpg
repub3.jpg
repub4.jpg

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Another project by Republic Developments:

View attachment 378373View attachment 378374View attachment 378375View attachment 378376

Overall, I like it.

There's some granularity in the larger block, breaking up the mass with three different treatments.

Not sure I wouldn't nix the weird L-Shape of the one treatment and just go vertical for all three.

Retail level even looks decent; I'm not completely sold on the canopy in its current form; but I'm not opposed either.

torontologist

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is really nice actually. Good materials, good massing, good colour scheme. Perfect for the location. Is the yellow facade a heritage building, hence the cut-out over it?

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
This is really nice actually. Good materials, good massing, good colour scheme. Perfect for the location. Is the yellow facade a heritage building, hence the cut-out over it?
No, there's simply an everyday Mazda dealership on the site now. The yellow façade and reveal around it are there to provide articulation what would be an overwhelming wall of sameness otherwise, as is the red brick section at the south end of the building.