A few showing the proposed massing from different vantage points (619 Yonge shown in bright red) - -

Looking south down Yonge from between 1 Bloor E and The One:
619Yonge_1.png

Looking south from the 40th floor of 1 Bloor E:
619Yonge_4.png

Looking west from above Sherbourne:
619Yonge_3.png

Looking northwest from above Bay/Wellesley:
Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 4.11.04 PM.png

Not from this area but l've noticed the three linear parks running parallel to Yonge St on the report link's pdf just above. Are those parks proposed or will they be upgraded into beautiful parkettes ? I can them building skyscrapers between the parketts and the Yonge St corridor lol! Using the park as a buffer to the neighbourhood as seen in the pdf renderings etc!

Not from this area but l've noticed the three linear parks running parallel to Yonge St on the report link's pdf just above. Are those parks proposed or will they be upgraded into beautiful parkettes ? I can them building skyscrapers between the parketts and the Yonge St corridor lol! Using the park as a buffer to the neighbourhood as seen in the pdf renderings etc!

The parks exist now.

One has been comprehensively refreshed.

The others are planned for significant work this year or next.

The City also intends to expand (widen) these parks, with one parcel already acquired, and one proposed as part of Republic's application to the north of this site.

Towers already exist between the southerly park and Yonge and one is rising just to the north as well.

Two more are proposed including this one.

Is there no effort to retain and renovate the two heritage structures on the corner of the site?

Is there no effort to retain and renovate the two heritage structures on the corner of the site?

There is no proposal to retain any of the 'listed' buildings in the block.

The developer already has 'de facto' permission to demolish.

This is noted in the Heritage Impact Assessment as follows:

1644004922012.png

The heritage firm retained didn't feel there was value in the remaining properties, but those noted above the would have preferred to save.

As an alternative, they made a mitigative recommendation to the developer:

1644005028874.png

1644005051951.png

I'm smiling................

Report to the Aug 8th meeting of the Heritage Preservation Board will recommend designation here:

From the above:

1659581889647.png

1659581969852.png

To be clear, I'm fine with a tower here............but I have asserted above in this thread that I really don't like the podium.

A restored facade here would resolve that in my judgment.

I should add, I'm not opposed to saving more than the facade, I'm simply pleased to see push back against the terrible podium here.

Back