Concern over shadows in a parkland/open space deficient neighbourhood is not nimbyism. Maybe you should look up the definition.

You've not responded to completely legitimate points made about degree, and an undying rigidity with regard to virtually any aspect of planning is pretty darn close to the core of NIMBYism.

We'll all await the shadow studies with baited breath!

The big question is, of course, what Adi will go with from CetraRuddy: in the middle of this neighbourhood, will it really be something worth having gone to New York to get? Will they be charging $1,400 a square foot, and putting an expensive exterior on the building worthy of that? And how sensitive will the massing be to shadowing concerns? We don't know, and we're going to have to wait for a bit before we do!

Concern over shadows in a parkland/open space deficient neighbourhood is not nimbyism. Maybe you should look up the definition.

I think its best you take some time to look at the development in the area (including shadowing already present) and more importantly the street before commenting on shadowing. This is nimbyism at its best, especially this early on in the game where you know very little to nothing about the development application but decide to bring out the virtual pitchfork and nag about it with nothing to back up your statement.

Last edited:
We'll all await the shadow studies with baited breath!

The big question is, of course, what Adi will go with from CetraRuddy: in the middle of this neighbourhood, will it really be something worth having gone to New York to get? Will they be charging $1,400 a square foot, and putting an expensive exterior on the building worthy of that? And how sensitive will the massing be to shadowing concerns? We don't know, and we're going to have to wait for a bit before we do!

Worth noting in that context too, perhaps, that non-penthouses just a couple blocks over in Yorkville have recently been going for upwards of $1,700 psf.

Worth noting in that context too, perhaps, that non-penthouses just a couple blocks over in Yorkville have recently been going for upwards of $1,700 psf.

In two or three buildings max (Four Seasons, The Hazelton, 155 Cumberland) and on streets that are objectively more desirable, in super luxury buildings.

Over here you're looking about about $1200 max I would estimate. But from a builder without a track record, probably less.

It is a fantastic neighbourhood but not a super luxury neighbourhood for condos.

The most expensive condo in Toronto is the Four seasons not too far this site. It's the highest on a per square foot basis, quite a bit higher than the Shangri la and others. Nothing has been on the market in that Building going back even 3 years under $2.5 million. That being said this street is not Yorkville Ave and this Building does not have the Four Seaons brand behind it so I don't expect that sort of premium.

It is a fantastic neighbourhood but not a super luxury neighbourhood for condos.

Museum House, the Prince Arthur, and even Exhibit and One Bedford beg to differ, as do the single family homes less than 100m away that routinely trade for prices you see in Forest Hill, Rosedale, and the Bridle Path. They'll have no problem selling this if they execute it right.

And, for what it's worth, the instances of units in the area fetching $1,700 psf of which I'm aware are in none of the buildings you listed.

Museum House, the Prince Arthur, and even Exhibit and One Bedford beg to differ, as do the single family homes less than 100m away that routinely trade for prices you see in Forest Hill, Rosedale, and the Bridle Path. They'll have no problem selling this if they execute it right.

And, for what it's worth, the instances of units in the area fetching $1,700 psf of which I'm aware are in none of the buildings you listed.

It's not a super luxury condo area. I know I'm repeating myself but you're clearly not listening. It's a wonderful neighborhood and yes very desirable, in many respects the best area in Toronto, but nowhere near as as expensive as Forest Hill or the BP at the upper end for single family homes.

Museum House? Prince Arthur? Exhibit? One Bedford? Nice buildings all of them I agree but not super luxe or in the price range you've quoted.

I'm laughing if you don't think the Four Seasons, The Hazelton, and 155 Cumberland aren't in another league. Maybe 100 Yorkville too?

If that's the case you need a lesson in luxury.

It's not a super luxury condo area. I know I'm repeating myself but you're clearly not listening. It's a wonderful neighborhood and yes very desirable, in many respects the best area in Toronto, but nowhere near as as expensive as Forest Hill or the BP at the upper end for single family homes.

Museum House? Prince Arthur? Exhibit? One Bedford? Nice buildings all of them I agree but not super luxe or in the price range you've quoted.

I'm laughing if you don't think the Four Seasons, The Hazelton, and 155 Cumberland aren't in another league. Maybe 100 Yorkville too?

If that's the case you need a lesson in luxury.

You're embarrassing yourself, but have fun!

The ad hominem here just escalated beyond where it's acceptable at all. An LMVDR post has been deleted, and that member is on holiday from UT for a few days.

Currently in the location.

IMG_6175.JPG

IMG_6177.JPG

The neighbours
West
IMG_6174.JPG

East
IMG_6176.JPG

The park with the existing building in the distance. Yes there will be additional shadowing on the park.
IMG_6173.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6174.JPG
    IMG_6174.JPG
    347.9 KB · Views: 804
  • IMG_6173.JPG
    IMG_6173.JPG
    479.8 KB · Views: 718
  • IMG_6176.JPG
    IMG_6176.JPG
    407.8 KB · Views: 815
  • IMG_6175.JPG